Oil through intercooler pipe hose good or not??

Alex banu

Reaction score
Hi guys! I was wondering if my 56 plate Audi b7 2.0 tfsi bul engine must have oil in to n/s intercooler pipe. After each time i driving 1k miles I need to drain the oil out of the hose. I get about 100ml oil out. Is this normal? A new turbo it's been installed about 3/4 years ago PCv valve checked-ok anything else to cause this? Thanks in advance!

Thanks rob ! Is this issue can harm the engine,or is just get burned into the turbo?

Hello chaps, I think we should all think about what is the reason (cause) of such amount of oil in I/C piping? Bad valve seat gaskets, turbo bearings....?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alex banu
Hello chaps, I think we should all think about what is the reason (cause) of such amount of oil in I/C piping? Bad valve seat gaskets, turbo bearings....?

Its a very common issue with all the tfsi engines and yes above can cause problems they are not the cause of this.
I have zero now , but that's only due to what I have done to address the problem from the oem pcv design.

I’ve uprated my turbo and I get a lot of oil in my IC’s and pipework. Only way to solve it is as Rob’s said, full pcv delete.

I hold 12psi of boost which I believe is a bit more than stock on these cars and it dumps loads of oil in.

It’s one of the things that’s on my list to sort out before pushing more out of my turbo

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Thanks rob ! Is this issue can harm the engine,or is just get burned into the turbo?

It is far from ideal , a portion of that oil in the turbo and intercoolers will just end up being sucked back into the engine , you want nice cool clean air not warm oily vapour being dumped back into the combustion cycle.
The more effective your pcv setup the better.

I had a new short motor and turbo fitted by audi under warranty at approx. 32k miles or very close to that milage within the first year of my ownership .
From the start it allways dumped excessive amounts of contaminated oil into the intake system, hence why I started my pcv delete thread.
part delete does help but doesn't stop it, full delete is optimal really but there will be a chance you still get a tiny bit, my current design stops 99.9% and i'm very pleased with the situation.
cleaner combustion, cleaner oil in the sump, reduced carbon buildup in the intake etc, its a win , win situation.

Reactions: Alex banu and Dan_Avant
remove your VC turbo vent hose and look inside , a bet it looks like this.
IMG 0746t

It's a one way street , any oil residue going down the turbo vent hose is only going to end up going to one place , back into your engine and leaving an oil trail all the way from the VC to the inlet ports.

Reactions: Alex banu
Rob, did you resolve a back side of valve cpver (i.e. Rear pcv delete)?

remove your VC turbo vent hose and look inside , a bet it looks like this.
View attachment 201393

It's a one way street , any oil residue going down the turbo vent hose is only going to end up going to one place , back into your engine and leaving an oil trail all the way from the VC to the inlet ports.
I haven't checked yet but maybe tomorrow. But a new 1 in today It just turned up!(:): oil presure low!!it just shows up in my dash ,after 30 min drive normal and then I thought I only have 5 miles to my home I decided to put my foot down a little bit (to the bottom) and then oil presure light comes to my dash.!! After 5 minutes driving very high revs. Like 4500-6000revs in 3rd 4th 5th gear for 5min. It's shows up 2 times in 20 sec. I slow down get rev under 2000 rpm and for the other 5 minutes driving till I got home didn't come back ! No noises or any rattling to engine. After I parked on my drive way I left engine running for another 1 min and then turned off. Checked the engine oil level and it's ok. What was that ? Sorry for my story..

Have you checked oil sump filter?

How many miles do you have?

Tuned?

My advice is to go this route. At least you will check the condition. You will be surprised what can you find there . Have you cleaned the intake ports? Check that too.

My advice is to go this route. At least you will check the condition. You will be surprised what can you find there . Have you cleaned the intake ports? Check that too.

That's a job which I can't do it myself. But since I've got the car I only used premium fuel only from shell garage.

Can31 currently I just watching this video on YouTube and it maybe looks like it.