Facelift Low Pressure Fuel Injectors

Zee Ahmed

Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve got a facelift RS3 with the engine management light lit up. The diagnostics show 5 faults. So it says electrical malfunction for injector 2 in cylinder 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. So it shows 1 fault for each cylinder.

My question to you guys is do you think ‘injector 2’ means the smaller, low pressure fuel injectors or the bigger high pressure ones?

I’m assuming it’s a wiring fault somewhere but I’m hoping someone knows what ‘injector 2’ means.

Thanks in advance.

Low pressure is MPI, high pressure is DI injectors. The error code should tell you exactly what Injector is causing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for getting back to me. It literally just says "injector 2" for all cylinders. I don't know which set of injectors number 2 is?

Ok thanks for that, I'll start there. Do you know the best way to check the wiring? I've changed the looms for both low pressure and high pressure injectors and the message is still there.

Ok thanks for that, I'll start there. Do you know the best way to check the wiring? I've changed the looms for both low pressure and high pressure injectors and the message is still there.
Ohm meter and then you can use vcd or obd11 to test each Injector. You can just hear them click too using the testing procedure too.

Are you getting Misfires? If so, that would make me believe they could be clogged and causing the error code as well. But if so the test and check all connections.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Here’s a diagram to assist you.

Top harness is High pressure (items 4 are injector connectors)

Bottom harness is low pressure. ( items 17 are injector connectors)

bfdfc47228f5f91a147ff4d9c2098b4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk