Ross-Tech

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Reactions: -Ju- and samuelh_888
I bought a second hand 3 vin limited cable and upgraded to the 10 vin a while ago and paid the extra to transfer the licence.
There is a caveat with the licence transfer in that they have to have authorisation from the previous user....suffice to say I haven't had it transferred yet or a reply/refund!

I bought a second hand 3 vin limited cable and upgraded to the 10 vin a while ago and paid the extra to transfer the licence.
There is a caveat with the licence transfer in that they have to have authorisation from the previous user....suffice to say I haven't had it transferred yet or a reply/refund!
If you have the original users details , you can get in contact with them explaining that you need there details , or get in contact with Uwe at Rosstech explaining your problem about the upgrade you have done already and ask him to look into it . Best to go into vcds and go to about and note the long serial number and when you post to Uwe give him this as i am sure this is how they track the previous owner . Hope that helps

Tbe cable was bought on Ebay a fair while ago but I continued with the original hex can cable for a while.
I have the order no and contact address at ross tech but never get a reply.
Tbh you dont need to transfer the licence but it was an upgrade offer that I thought I'd use

Tbe cable was bought on Ebay a fair while ago but I continued with the original hex can cable for a while.
I have the order no and contact address at ross tech but never get a reply.
Tbh you dont need to transfer the licence but it was an upgrade offer that I thought I'd use
I would still bring this up with Uwe cause if your due a refund i cant see why they wouldn't give you one , if your a forum member you can post in the product support part and hopefully get a reply especially if you have all the details

Reactions: -Ju-
I would still bring this up with Uwe cause if your due a refund i cant see why they wouldn't give you one , if your a forum member you can post in the product support part and hopefully get a reply especially if you have all the details
Yeah, I was just pointing out it's not a simple case of paying a fee. You need the previous user to reply to the request from RT

Yeah, I was just pointing out it's not a simple case of paying a fee. You need the previous user to reply to the request from RT
Thats very true , and it does state that in the link if people wish to register the 2nd hand cable but they can still take advantage off the discount to upgrade the cable

Its great that you posted the link, wished it had been there when I upgraded!

Its great that you posted the link, wished it had been there when I upgraded!
I only came across it accidently while i was scrolling through posts and i saved £40 on doing both