Dyson cordless

AlS3BE

Reaction score
not sure if this is the best bit of the forum to put this.
My trusty Dyson v6 battery is passed its best after 4-5 years. Some days I get 5 minutes and some days after a full charge I get 5 seconds.
Dyson wants £65 for a genuine replacement which is not bad if it lasts another 4-5 years considering it was £300+ vacuum.
Also seen a lot of non Genuine on amazon and eBay for £15-40 with reviews ranging from great to it starts a fire.
Has anyone tried any non genuine batteries on their Dyson? Any good ones that last? Don’t want to get a cheap battery for it to last a year and I need another when a Dyson one could last 4 years.

not sure if this is the best bit of the forum to put this.
My trusty Dyson v6 battery is passed its best after 4-5 years. Some days I get 5 minutes and some days after a full charge I get 5 seconds.
Dyson wants £65 for a genuine replacement which is not bad if it lasts another 4-5 years considering it was £300+ vacuum.
Also seen a lot of non Genuine on amazon and eBay for £15-40 with reviews ranging from great to it starts a fire.
Has anyone tried any non genuine batteries on their Dyson? Any good ones that last? Don’t want to get a cheap battery for it to last a year and I need another when a Dyson one could last 4 years.
Pays your money ...
Genuine all the way IMHO

Reactions: NevMan, Bryant1998 and AlS3BE
For something like a battery I'd be extremely cautious going for a non-OEM battery given the stories you read on news of electrical devices .

I'd pay more for peace of mind and get the genuine one.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Bryant1998 and AlS3BE
Aye, I would go genuine personally.
I don't own one.
However I do have a flymo rechargeable grass cutter, and looked into buying a backup battery for ease.
I seen the price then decided not to bother lol.
However if it does give up the ghost, I will only get a genuine one.
Remember though, with batteries it's all about conditioning them.
Run until flat, charge until full, that way they last longer.
Tried a million times to tell my daughter this regarding her iPad and iPhone charging strategy.
But anyway, just have to bight that bullet I am afraid.
Pay the full wack.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Aye, I would go genuine personally.
I don't own one.
However I do have a flymo rechargeable grass cutter, and looked into buying a backup battery for ease.
I seen the price then decided not to bother lol.
However if it does give up the ghost, I will only get a genuine one.
Remember though, with batteries it's all about conditioning them.
Run until flat, charge until full, that way they last longer.
Tried a million times to tell my daughter this regarding her iPad and iPhone charging strategy.
But anyway, just have to bight that bullet I am afraid.
Pay the full wack.
Lithium ions are different, they only recommend a full charge once a month, they benefit more from charging from say 20% to 80%. It's the old alkaline batteries that need fully flattening and then charging to full mate

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and AlS3BE
Might have to bite the bullet and get the good genuine one.

cheers guys