Alarm horn not working

CrawDaddy825

Reaction score
So my 2011 Audi A3 TDI alarm horn is not working. VCDS fault says "004- No signal/communication". I've read that the batteries are known to go bad and leak acid on the circuits inside the horn. I am looking to replace/repair the horn, but I am not quite sure where it is on my vehicle. Anyone replaced these before? Where is it located?

Inside the O/S front wing, wheel off arch liner off

Reactions: CrawDaddy825
So my 2011 Audi A3 TDI alarm horn is not working. VCDS fault says "004- No signal/communication". I've read that the batteries are known to go bad and leak acid on the circuits inside the horn. I am looking to replace/repair the horn, but I am not quite sure where it is on my vehicle. Anyone replaced these before? Where is it located?
Driverside behind wheel lining need to remove the wheel and wheel line plastic a security bolt bit to removed it its an absolute b-astard as mime was riveted in had to drill them.out mime leaked acid and short kept sounding my alarm through the night, there about 130 quid from audi

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Driverside behind wheel lining need to remove the wheel and wheel line plastic a security bolt bit to removed it its an absolute b-astard as mime was riveted in had to drill them.out mime leaked acid and short kept sounding my alarm through the night, there about 130 quid from audi

thank you

Reactions: e9_mustii
It has a metal covering, remember to reshape this so it's a tight fit after fixing the horn or it'll rattle & annoy you.

It has a metal covering, remember to reshape this so it's a tight fit after fixing the horn or it'll rattle & annoy you.
that's good to know, I am undecided if I want to bother replacing it or not as it doesn't throw a CEL

that's good to know, I am undecided if I want to bother replacing it or not as it doesn't throw a CEL
Eventually it may cause the car siren to keep sounding its annoying especially at 3 am when ppl smash you door in saying your car won't stop sounding. Also may affect you siren if anyone does attempt to break into you car it may not sound

Yes mine has not worked at all since I purchased the vehicle. I would like it to but undecided if it is worth the hassle LOL