Retrofit Auto Lights For Audi A3 8P

Knockout King

Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to this forum and I'd like to apologise if this question has been asked previously but I was wondering if anyone knows of a way in which you can retrofit auto lights on a audi a3 8p. I am aware of a method which would involve replacing the windscreen but I was wondering if there is another way you can retrofit auto lights without replacing the windscreen?

There is currently a method for the vw golf where you can purchase a module which would detect the light outside the vehicle, thus preventing the need to replace the windscreen, does anyone know of a similar product for the audi a3 8p?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362724947450

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You've said what I was going to suggest with the module detecting outside light, it's what I did on my golf. You'd think there would be something similar although after a small amount of digging I haven't found anything just yet.

Might be worth seeing if there are similarities between the module for the golf and the back of your headlight switch. Is it possible the module will plug straight in to the back of yours?

I used this one on my golf and worked brilliantly. You could see if the sensor partlooks like it'll plug in, not the actual round switch of course.

All the best!

Reactions: ahtcap
Come on you electronic gurus it must be possible to get the one that Eren S3 used on his golf to work.!!!!

Double post but here is how you can do it without replacing the windscreen