S3 8P drivers door card clips (2006)

Daveyonthemove

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can anyone help me track down the clips that I might need for the drivers side (RHD) door card on my 2006 S3?
I have the dreaded door lock module issue, and for now I am having to leave the car unlocked (it's secure where it's parked!) which isn't ideal. I have the replacement module, and have had a try at removing the door card, but it's going to need a bit more brute force than I am willing to give it without replacement clips at the ready to refit it again. They are probably weak and brittle after 13 years.
Any pointers on where to source all the clips would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

What ones are you looking for as i got some from Ebay , give it a good yank but start at the bottom fight corner as thats the big fat one which comes away easily with a good yank plus use a platic tool . Then just work your back upto the right slowly and after that work back to your left where there is a big fat 1 at the speaker and it should come away

What ones are you looking for as i got some from Ebay , give it a good yank but start at the bottom fight corner as thats the big fat one which comes away easily with a good yank plus use a platic tool . Then just work your back upto the right slowly and after that work back to your left where there is a big fat 1 at the speaker and it should come away

I think you missed my point.
I don't know what clips I need yet because i haven't removed it and broken any.
My plan is to have them prior to removing the door card so when they are broken or lost, i have them ready to replace and put the door back together there and then.

For that reason I'm trying to find out exactly what clips are used so i can buy them in advance. Hope that clarifies things more?

I'm not in a position to leave the door in pieces for days while I wait for parts I could have already purchased, even if i never use them.

Right got you now , you will need these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200512-115548_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200512-115548_eBay.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Badger-a-s and Daveyonthemove
Normally what happens when you pull doorcard away the little white bit comes away from the yellow piece which is ok .