s3_revo

Reaction score
Hi Yesterday afternoon I ran into a problem, so as I was just driving down my local area I came to set of traffic lights and noticed my car beginning to idle abnormally, not taking to much notice of it I continued driving and I began experiencing jerking and it just cut out in the middle of the road. I managed to get some help and push it on to a side road. I tried to start it and the car would just cut off right away, completely baffled... anyways after a few attempts I managed to get it started and drove it home under 1.5 rpm and noticed as I was building the throttle the car would start cutting out power and start hunting. Now I have done some research of my own and it turns out it can a few different things such as Mass Air Flow Sensor, fuel pressure sensor/regulator, diverter valve, boost pipe leak.

I disconnected the Mass Air Flow and the car starts behaving as it should and when connect it back is when the issue surfaces. Seems to be a common issue as I’ve come to know since reading up on it.

I’ve got PCV delete on mine and have also checked the vacuum hoses and no splits. Might be worth checking diverter valve. Some say can be Mass Air Flow, Fuel pressure sensor, regulator. Intake leak

Have you ever ever experienced something like this. Any help would be much appreciated. ✌️

I disconnected the Mass Air Flow and the car starts behaving as it should and when connect it back is when the issue surfaces. Seems to be a common issue as I’ve come to know since reading up on it.
That says to me the maf is dead

Reactions: Bryant1998
Have you got an aftermarket intake / CAI on it? Sometime the filters come pre-oiled and that clogs the maf sensor up.

Same issue, different model, a 3.2. Sprayed the MAF with cleaner and touch wood it’s not happened since.

Reactions: s3_revo
Hi Guys, hope everyone is all doing well, so just to give you all an update I managed to swap a MAF from another S3 to be 100% sure and once connecting it the car was idling right. I took the car on a very short drive and noticed everything fine, so I have ordered myself a new MAF and will test once it arrives. God willing the issue stops there. I will keep you all updated. Thanks for the assistance. Have a good day/evening depending when you read this.

Reactions: Bryant1998
Did you read what I wrote? If you have an oiled filter it will feck the new MAF too!

Reactions: Daveyonthemove