2018 A3 saloon oil change & inspection price

stuart65

Reaction score
Hi guy's I was quoted £438:00 from Audi dealer for scheduled oil change & inspection. What is carried out during vehicle inspection to justify the high price given.

I know yours may still be in warranty but my MAJOR service including gearbox and brake fluid, all filters and oil done head to toe was £250.00
Audi have a list of whats included on their website, but for a general oil change and inspection thats a stupid price.

£438? They’re taking the Michael. Find an indie and an oil service will be around £130-140 depending on if it’s annual or long life. Even a major with changes of pollen filters will be £250’ish. Thing is Audi labour is £150 per hour, indies are around £70.

At 2 years you should have a brake fluid change and dust/ pollen filters , plus you get a nice croissant & coffee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At 2 years you should have a brake fluid change
I believe brake fluid is recommended by Audi as an optional additional cost item at 3 years from new(some service plans might cover it), then every 2 years subsequently.
I don't know the reason for the difference, but in any case 2 years for the majority of cars will be too short an interval to actually require changing.

Audi did my brake fluid change left me with spongy brakes even after taking it back never been the same.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I believe brake fluid is recommended by Audi as an optional additional cost item at 3 years from new(some service plans might cover it), then every 2 years subsequently.
I don't know the reason for the difference, but in any case 2 years for the majority of cars will be too short an interval to actually require changing.

Correct , looked back at my 3 yr invoice , however the USA is the first 2 yrs for some reason?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Checked back mine was £268 3 years ago for a 2yr service , I know we have inflation but my wages never rose that fast
a3be00fb7d32f9c2b4dd95ee632e511f.jpg