Help Please AUDI A4 2015 SWAP FRONT CALLIPERS WITH S4 ONES

AndreBerty

Reaction score
Hello,

Probably this has been asked previously but I looked everywhere and can’t find it
I bought an Audi A4 2015 S-line Black Edition NAV FRONT WHEEL DRIVE and I am thinking to change the front callipers with S4 ones so I’m looking for anyone who has done this on a similar Audi and can help me with technical details in terms of how can it be done, is it easy plug and play, what size break disks, break pads etc

Many thanks,

Andre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t bother with the S4 callipers, go straight for a better upgrade such as the Porsche ones...

Reactions: AndreBerty
@Simone can you elaborate mate?

The Porsche 4 pot caliper conversion is quite a common thing on the B8/8.5 S4, a lot of folks are running mapped S4's with 450bhp + and require a lot of stopping.
Mine is stock (330bhp) other than an intake upgrade and have not had an issue, however I don't drive it "enthusiastically" that often and certainly not maxed it out, I also have no intention of doing a track day with it.

I would have thought an upgrade to the standard S4 set-up with the discs which are 345mm over the smaller 250/288mm would benefit with a good quality pad on the less powerful A4's.

Reactions: AndreBerty and Eldeano2
The Porsche 4 pot caliper conversion is quite a common thing on the B8/8.5 S4, a lot of folks are running mapped S4's with 450bhp + and require a lot of stopping.
Mine is stock (330bhp) other than an intake upgrade and have not had an issue, however I don't drive it "enthusiastically" that often and certainly not maxed it out, I also have no intention of doing a track day with it.

I would have thought an upgrade to the standard S4 set-up with the discs which are 345mm over the smaller 250/288mm would benefit with a good quality pad on the less powerful A4's.

I’m not planning to do tracks anytime either
My Audi is 150bhp at the moment and a stage 1 will not go up to 330bhp.
I know what combination of disks and break pads with the current callipers will kill the movement on my car. I was more interested if it worth the hassle and the costs to put S4 callipers or Porsche ones for a better look than the current callipers.

Why don't you check out the ATE calipers from an A6 or more powerful A4?
Direct replacement and 320mm discs, far cheaper and more plentiful from a scrapper.
Just about to do mine.

Why don't you check out the ATE calipers from an A6 or more powerful A4?
Direct replacement and 320mm discs, far cheaper and more plentiful from a scrapper.
Just about to do mine.

Same reason I am not doing the S4 swap yet, I don’t know how technically speaking, I don’t know if the outcome worth the hassle and the costs.
I would do it myself if I would have been able to find a walkthrough or a video out there for the same car.
Someone said that S4 will fit plug and play, I know it should be 345mm break disks but when I called EBC for GD disks the guy from technical come to me with different hub measurements and he lost me I’m no mechanic I need someone who can help and tell me ‘this sizes will work for you 100%’

to answer your question, if bought second hand they are a cheap cost effective, mainly cosmetic upgrade. they will bolt straight on without having to make modifications. you could find some used audi s4 brakes, and they would be a direct swap, as long as they come with the caliper carriers. you could also consider the 4 pot brembo calipers used on audi q5s of the same year, they also bold directly on and use a 345mm disc like the s4 discs.

Q5's have two sizes of brake disc's 345 & 320, you need to make sure it's the 345 disc callipers you're getting. 320's are not 4 pot.

Also, S5 front brakes are the same as S4, so you could get S5 ones if you find them cheaper than S4's.

JG