Side skirt gunk

Reaction score
I've removed the side skirts/stone guards from my A4 B8.5, managing to also remove 95% of the 3m double sided tape.

I've hand washed the car, two bucket method and snow foam, but that's clearly not enough

A bit of the 3m tape remains as well as some general crap, any suggestions on how best to clean?

New skirts going over the top, but would like to have it clean before I do so!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200707-162738_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200707-162738_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20200707-162742_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200707-162742_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
I've removed the side skirts/stone guards from my A4 B8.5, managing to also remove 95% of the 3m double sided tape.

I've hand washed the car, two bucket method and snow foam, but that's clearly not enough

A bit of the 3m tape remains as well as some general ****, any suggestions on how best to clean?

Tar and glue remover possibly.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Tar and glue remover, may need a plastic scraper to help remove more of the built up glue.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

A bit of the 3m tape remains as well as some general ****, any suggestions on how best to clean?

Are skirts easy enough to remove? I hit a high curb in my RS3 and took a piece out of one of mine.

Bit of a ball ache as i was new to it, but a with a bit of elbow grease, WD40 and a plastic blade and they're off! There are clips but it was mainly held on with double sided 3m tape https://www.google.com/search?q=3m+...hVnUhUIHb5UD18Q_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=927&bih=949

Which year is your RS3? I've had a quick look at the various platforms and i'm not sure if they are attached in the same way as they are on the b8 A/S4s

Have you checked if there are screws at either end of the skirt in the wheel well arch?

Bit of a ball ache as i was new to it, but a with a bit of elbow grease, WD40 and a plastic blade and they're off! There are clips but it was mainly held on with double sided 3m tape https://www.google.com/search?q=3m+...hVnUhUIHb5UD18Q_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=927&bih=949

Which year is your RS3? I've had a quick look at the various platforms and i'm not sure if they are attached in the same way as they are on the b8 A/S4s

Have you checked if there are screws at either end of the skirt in the wheel well arch?
It's 2015. Haven't looked, to be honest. The scuff is well hidden but if it's easy to do I'll sort it, if not, it can stay as it is.