Dent Repair – Recommendations

Nick_B

Reaction score
Hi All – in a moment of carelessness, I managed to knock the side of my car with a SCUBA cylinder – and this is the result…

Any recommendations appreciated – am thinking this is well within the type of damage for a mobile repairer.

2019 Audi A4 Dent

yes, nice and easy. They will tap it out from behind immaculately withour damaging the paint, unless it is already damaged or cracked.

Looking at around £200 > £250 in London - cheaper the further out you go

Reactions: Nick_B
I was looking into getting a door tapped out because some cannot open their doors carefully... looks like £90ish in the northwest (not mobile)

However, yours is on a body line so will probably be more.

It looks like this may be more difficult than I thought. The Pointless Dent Removal guys rely on being able to access the underside of the panel to push out the dent - unfortunately this area is double skinned so access if not possible.

Their solution is to glue a small plug onto the surface and pull with a slide hammer, however if this does not work (and they are not optimistic) they drill a small access hole (~8mm) in the door jamb which is closed off with a rubber bung when complete. Needless to say I do not want a hole drilled in the car!

I am now thinking that, given the small size, a small amount of body filler, smoothed down and painted may be the way to go.

I think I'd touch it up and see how much it annoys me before going any further. You might not notice it after touching it up.

I agree that drilling a hole is a bad idea.

Hi All – in a moment of carelessness, I managed to knock the side of my car with a SCUBA cylinder – and this is the result…

Any recommendations appreciated – am thinking this is well within the type of damage for a mobile repairer.

View attachment 206041

You could try doing it yourself with a bridge puller repair tool and a glue gun.

I had a similar size dent on my A4 around that area and repaired it using a bridge puller repair tool.

see thread here of results.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/dings-dents-and-scratches-to-your-beloved-bodywork.391161/

Think it cost me £30 and got the tools for life now.

You could try doing it yourself with a bridge puller repair tool and a glue gun.

I had a similar size dent on my A4 around that area and repaired it using a bridge puller repair tool.

see thread here of results.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/dings-dents-and-scratches-to-your-beloved-bodywork.391161/

Think it cost me £30 and got the tools for life now.

That is an excellent result - really impressive. I am thining mine may be more of a challenge as the dent is accross a crease line. I may well give this a go to see if I can improve it. Failing that I have a quote for £250 which includes filling / smoothing the dent and blending in the paint. Or.... I simply forget about it :)

Reactions: A4A4