A3 8v oil change help

I cant believe people would spend anything between £10K and £30K on a car and put **** oil in it!!
Especially when Euro Parts are always doing deals on line, I've just bought some decent oil for £37.
Still cant get my head around it, I often change my oil for fun!! View attachment 208424
Still u been ripped of £5 that what they call ''deals'' are biggest fakes tricks on any these car parts websites ... and are for idiots ..
Well you don't change ofte for fun .. but if you have FUN with car and driving too fast the engine oil hitting 100C temp and will get quickly carbonated ..
Those who driving normally don't need to change oil very often ...
But if u do drag race and u performing launch control you need to replace stuff very often...
I bought same oil on ebay for £33

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 90
eBay lol

Good luck ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

10min ago you were putting 502 spec in lol

I'm off to bed, had enough laughs for one night

Good luck on the oil change, don't remove the fuel filter by mistake ha

Oh, its so funny, sorry I shouldn't laugh....................................

eBay lol

Good luck ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

10min ago you were putting 502 spec in lol

I'm off to bed, had enough laughs for one night

Good luck on the oil change, don't remove the fuel filter by mistake ha

Oh, its so funny, sorry I shouldn't laugh....................................
what's problem with ebay ? you defo on weed :D

It this chap every sells his car, can I have the reg to warn others......................................................

Sorry I'm still laughing!

Thanks Peter for the link on how to change my oil, will give it a go.
Will do some research on the best extractors.

It does not need changing for another few months has only just been done.

Going to try some Fuchs Titan race pro just to see whats its like, its the only I have not tried as the 5w30 has only just come out.

Reactions: Peter Peter
The PELA vacuum pump works quite well - it is essential to have nice warm oil. In my experience it extracts just as much oil as draining. However, if you have to get underneath to change the oil filter, you may as well drain the sump manually. Unfortunately the probe won't go to the bottom of the sump on my particular A3 engine as there seems to be some sort of obstruction/baffles in the sump. Some cars like small Toyotas are also awkward as they have dip sticks that take a strange horizontal route.

Oil - when choosing your favoured oil, be aware that some oils say something like "approved by VAG/Audi for 504/507" whilst others merely say "meets the requirements of 504/507". Some professionals providing warranty work on newer cars, can get fussy on this aspect and prefer the former. For older cars and DIYers - it's probably not and issue.

I just don't get people, spend £10K to £30K on an Audi and skimp on oil!

Oh well, have a good weekend!!

Reactions: JohnM100