Paint stripper vandals

davesimmo

Reaction score
Evening All
My beautiful 2016 Met Black A6 Avant BE had paint stripper poured over every single panel on Saturday night.
It was a random attack as a few cars were done in our village.
Does anyone have experience of this either on their own car or a friends car. My concern is the insurance might want a cheap job done but if they are to repair it, I want a proper job.
What’s the likely hood of them repairing or will they just write the car off?
It’s a 2.0 TDI Quattro. 2016 with 97k on
it. thanks in advance.

I am really sorry to hear that.

If it was me, I would find a local repairer from https://audiapprovedrepair.co.uk/. The A6 has aluminium doors so I would be looking for a Mixed Materials Approved repairer as well.
To maintain their VAG Approval they're inspected every 12 months and a customer survey is sent out from VAG after each repair.

I would find out who your local Audi dealer uses to repair their A8's. The owners are fussy ba**ards. My local is Pentagon in Hertfordshire and I wouldn't go anywhere else for an insurance job.

I am really sorry to hear that.

If it was me, I would find a local repairer from https://audiapprovedrepair.co.uk/. The A6 has aluminium doors so I would be looking for a Mixed Materials Approved repairer as well.
To maintain their VAG Approval they're inspected every 12 months and a customer survey is sent out from VAG after each repair.

I would find out who your local Audi dealer uses to repair their A8's. The owners are fussy ba**ards. My local is Pentagon in Hertfordshire and I wouldn't go anywhere else for an insurance job.

Thanks for your reply.
My insurance have told me to go to Brooklands Auto Body centre next Tuesday for 8:30am.
Obviously one that they know will do it cheap. I want a proper job doing, I am willing to go and see what they say. If they say it’s uneconomical for repair thats fair comment, if they say it can be repaired I will call my insurance and say I want it to go to an Audi approved repairer as brooklands isn’t on there.

The insurance companies will not necessarily send you somewhere poor, but possibly somewhere that will provide a loan car while your car is being repaired (according to your particular policy). If you choose your own repairer, the insurance company might well accept their quote, but they will not be obliged to provide a loaner. You might have to negotiate that yourself.

a full car respray if you walk in off the street will set you back £3000 approx. if changing the colour keeping the colour you might be looking at £2k

I highly doubt they will write the car off for that.

a full car respray if you walk in off the street will set you back £3000 approx. if changing the colour keeping the colour you might be looking at £2k

I highly doubt they will write the car off for that.

This is reassuring. Thanks
As long as it’s done tip top I really hope they don’t write it off. A substantial amount has gone on my tyres and they have gone a weird colour, I know I can cover it up with tyre black etc. Do you think it could have damaged the rubber and structural integrity if the tyre.
Asking in advance of my car been assessed on Tuesday. I will mention it and see that they say.

Call the manufacturer of the tyres and see if you can get something in writing.

Don't think a call will help as the manufacture would have no idea what chemicals were in the substance that was pored over the car. If your worried then just get them changed, I would replace them regardless.

Don't think a call will help as the manufacture would have no idea what chemicals were in the substance that was pored over the car. If your worried then just get them changed, I would replace them regardless.

^^^^This,