Preface front S3 grill

nazS3

Reaction score
Anyone know why there’s no aftermarket front main grill available for preface S3
Most on sale are from 2008 plus

Where can I buy a genuine one for good price ? Thanks.

The prefacelift cars were not around for a long time and so there is a limited market to begin with. Maybe by the time the aftermarket grill people started to think about making a product the facelift arrived and that ran as a model for much longer making production of the tooling worthwhile.

Thanks for reply pal, looks like I’ll have to spend approx £400 on a new oem one

Same boat, really want a honeycomb grill, I’m going to try the rs6 grill mod at some point. Wish I could find a guide With pics, save me winging it

Same boat, really want a honeycomb grill, I’m going to try the rs6 grill mod at some point. Wish I could find a guide With pics, save me winging it

Do you want to sell your oem grill ?

Absolutely shameful plug here but I am selling my RS6 rep grille and badge holder, it's over in the for sale thread if you're interested.

I was so close to doing it and then my freedom was rudely cut short by having to go back to work so I just don't have the time to do it but yes, I agree, there needs to be a guide! My theory is nobody actually wants to film or photograph themselves hacking up a grille in case it goes wrong :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: samuelh_888 and S3mertyn
I was so close to doing it and then my freedom was rudely cut short by having to go back to work so I just don't have the time to do it but yes, I agree, there needs to be a guide! My theory is nobody actually wants to film or photograph themselves hacking up a grille in case it goes wrong :tearsofjoy:
haha I was thinking about making a guide but I don’t want to do it wrong and other people copy my mess. Lockdown was the perfect time for it

Reactions: Eren S3
haha I was thinking about making a guide but I don’t want to do it wrong and other people copy my mess. Lockdown was the perfect time for it

With cutting something up to make it fit, surely there's no 'right' way of doing it haha?! I mean, if it fits then surely that's right? :tearsofjoy:
I absolutely missed the boat during lockdown, I kept putting it off and now I regret it.

Do you want to sell your oem grill ?

I'm sure there is an OEM one on ebay at the moment. Although from what I can see there's no silver bezel that's on the front so you might need to transfer your one over. It's reasonably cheap at the moment.

I agree, there needs to be a guide! My theory is nobody actually wants to film or photograph themselves hacking up a grille in case it goes wrong :tearsofjoy:
Absolutely this!
I did mine and although it looks fine, it's not 100% and if I produced a guide there would be a dozen people tearing it apart and stating better ways to do it, and for that reason I keep it to myself.
When I first did it I shared a 'rough' guide to a few people via Private Messages and some were put off by how much work it was (nobody expected to be painting the SILVER crash bar!) and some expected me to answer every question they had about their technique etc.
Now I wish people luck but let them do it their own way because buying a RS6 Grill and destroying an S3 grill is an expensive project, and I do NOT want people blaming me for the mess they might make and cost involved.
Apologies if this sounds harsh, but I'm not offering guidance or advice on this.

Reactions: samuelh_888
I'm sure there is an OEM one on ebay at the moment. Although from what I can see there's no silver bezel that's on the front so you might need to transfer your one over. It's reasonably cheap at the moment.

Managed to find used oem grill
For good price