Headlight Range Control Defective (Adaption/Basic Setting Not Performed)

AudiG12KPM

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem. I changed my drivers side headlight lens the other day, I noticed that the drivers side headlight is slightly too high. So I preformed a basic setting on the lights. Now I have a yellow warning on dash saying Headlight Range Control Defective. The headlights still go up and down and still auto level work perfectly fine, all sensors are ok and working amazing, How can I get rid of the fault has anyone got any advice, it's a 2010 Audi A4 B8 2.0tdi Avant Sline Special Edition with Xenon Headlights

I use maxisys MS908 pro its basically same as vcds but has more things.

What's the error showing now in diagnostics?

That's the issue, use vcds if your tool isn't working.

Thank you I'll do that tonight. I also read last night someone doing it and they said that the rear sensor was reading 3.36v and it wouldn't do it but he said jack the car up till it's about 3v and it will work is this also correct
You lost me. Jack the car up (lift the car?) to increase the voltage?

Your autel device should have a guided function for this basic settings and more.

You lost me. Jack the car up (lift the car?) to increase the voltage?

Your autel device should have a guided function for this basic settings and more.
I just read last night someone doing it on their a4 and he had to jack his car up to lower the voltage, I'm going to do it later, hopefully it work if not then I might get audi to do it.. cause the fault on dash is annoying me now