Drivers door lock woes.

David Cox

Reaction score
Hi, have a bit of trouble with the drivers door lock on the a4, wasn't locking so ended up getting a new one off Ebay, turned out to be the wrong one.
So a replacement arrived and have just fitted it.
Locked the door catch with screwdriver push, and all opens fine, but when the door shuts the outside handle wont open the door, just inside one, but external works ok if door open and like I say, the catch is thrown.
Any input appreciated, thanks Dave

Oh, if I connect door card back up, or not actually, throw catch and lock door with remote, I can still open using outer handle, but not if I actually close door.
Frustrating

Fresh set of eyes after tea, swapped original lock back in, still not working, then checked wiring door to body, seemed fine, traced loom in door and found plug loose in bottom of winder, pushed it home and seems to cure it.

Reactions: tr7
Update, now noticed the red led for alarm not flashing, more poking about tonight then.

Possibly due to codes in the module need clearing.

Got round to it last night, after getting in car to drive it, noticed the door switches were defunct too. So took door panel off, unplugged the card loom and plugged back in and it all started working again, result.