Erratic idling / No power on throttle

robtdi

Reaction score
Hello

So i have had an issue with my S3 2011 2.0tfsi for 3 weeks now.

1. It will not idle at 900rpm, instead it idles up and down between 900-1900rmp continuously
2. if you put your foot down or pull away from lights at a sensible speed, the car jumps like its misfiring. If you change down a gear for example if you want to over take, the car will not like it and will jump to the point theres just no point trying to.

I have had it looked at by mechanic guys i use regularly and they have all said its the high pressure fuel pump (not cheap) which i have replaced. It has made a difference however its still not right.
We are stuggling to get to the bottom of what it could be. There is no issue with the ignition system so its a fuel issue i would have thought.

Some ideas and help would be appreciated please???

Thank you ever so much
Rob

Last edited:
Have you checked for engine error codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

So i have had an issue with my S3 2011 2.0tfsi for 3 weeks now.

1. It will not idle at 900rpm, instead it idles up and down between 900-1900rmp continuously
2. if you put your foot down or pull away from lights at a sensible speed, the car jumps like its misfiring. If you change down a gear for example if you want to over take, the car will not like it and will jump to the point theres just no point trying to.

I have had it looked at by mechanic guys i use regularly and they have all said its the high pressure fuel pump (not cheap) which i have replaced. It has made a difference however its still not right.
We are stuggling to get to the bottom of what it could be. There is no issue with the ignition system so its a fuel issue i would have thought.

Some ideas and help would be appreciated please???

Thank you ever so much
Rob
Sounds like your PCV could be gone. Either that or one of your breather pipes has a crack in.

Best to get the car smoke tested before you change anything else

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

PCV or split pipes causing vacuum leaks.

Can you get is scanned with proper software (VCDS)?