Help Please How much of a problem is a missed service on 2.0 TFSI

Sprinter2012

Reaction score
As title, looking at a '10 plate A4 2.0 TFSI S-Line with 66K on the clock. Immaculate inside and out, runs and drives smoothly but now transpires there's no service history since 49,378 miles in 2018. It's now on 66,000 miles.

He said it was serviced yesterday but MOT in Jan 20 noted service light on as advisory (and service light is still on now). So could have done 16 thousand miles over 2 1/2 years without a service...

Up to then it was being serviced roughly every 6-9k miles with all but the very last one carried out by Audi.

Is it worth a go or is that gap too big to risk it?

More worrying than a potential missed oil change is that it's a 2.0 Tfsi of the dreaded oil consumption era.....maybe the engine started to use a lot of oil and he realised it wasn't worth servicing anymore.

More worrying than a potential missed oil change is that it's a 2.0 Tfsi of the dreaded oil consumption era.....maybe the engine started to use a lot of oil and he realised it wasn't worth servicing anymore.
Just seemed dodgy as the oil was on minimum and his response was "Just serviced yesterday and needed to let the oil settle before I top it up"

Yer sure thing buddy... I've never had a car serviced where that wasn't done the same day. :huh:

Off to see a 1.8 TFSI of the same age, they aren't prone to the same issues I take it?