Audi a3 8v modifications

Ryan_1596

Reaction score
Hi i am new member and new to the modification aspect of Car and I currently own and 63 plate audi a3 8v 2.0 TDI S line so far i have only changed the air box to a cone air flitter but have to car booked in for a custom full turbo back exhaust system with dpf, cat and egr delete and a remap and was wanting to find out if putting a upgrade charge pipe and turbo muffler delete would have any benefit once the car is remapped and also wanting to know of good websites to get after market parts for my audi also thank you.

Hi i am new member and new to the modification aspect of Car and I currently own and 63 plate audi a3 8v 2.0 TDI S line so far i have only changed the air box to a cone air flitter but have to car booked in for a custom full turbo back exhaust system with dpf, cat and egr delete and a remap and was wanting to find out if putting a upgrade charge pipe and turbo muffler delete would have any benefit once the car is remapped and also wanting to know of good websites to get after market parts for my audi also thank you.
How much is gonna cost you all this? Wouldn't be better to part ex your car and that rest money you would put towards nice S3 ?? with better sound?

That's an instant MOT failure there. Good luck.

How much is gonna cost you all this? Wouldn't be better to part ex your car and that rest money you would put towards nice S3 ?? with better sound?
£750 for exhaust and everything else plus about £200 ish for turbo muffler delete and upgraded charge pipe and the cost of running the s3 plus insurance and the tax would double if i was to swap cars.

£750 for exhaust and everything else plus about £200 ish for turbo muffler delete and upgraded charge pipe and the cost of running the s3 plus insurance and the tax would double if i was to swap cars.
NO you will be spending and spending and spending not just grand .. you will carry on .. Insurance isn't that much road tax is quite a bit £200

The exhaust will have a dummy dpf and cat to pass on visual checks
no they don't do just visual if u remove DPF it may fail they sticking nozzle into exhaust to measure emissions.. if they measure too high it may fail

Both are right, my best friend is a MOT tech and I asked about the DPF and he said they are no longer allowed to touch the vehice in a way of removing anything to inspect. I was missing 2 bolts on my alloys which was illegal and he said they are not allowed to remove the caps to check which he said was stupid as it could kill someone.
Peter is right as well, it may fail on emmissions and you will be in for a large bill if a MOT garage refuse to pass it and having to put the DPF back on.
DPF is a big risk and not to mention the police can check as well, this is rare but does happen.

I would just do as many mods as you want, but I would not personally touch the DPF its just not worth the risk vs reward

Both are right, my best friend is a MOT tech and I asked about the DPF and he said they are no longer allowed to touch the vehice in a way of removing anything to inspect. I was missing 2 bolts on my alloys which was illegal and he said they are not allowed to remove the caps to check which he said was stupid as it could kill someone.
Peter is right as well, it may fail on emmissions and you will be in for a large bill if a MOT garage refuse to pass it and having to put the DPF back on.
DPF is a big risk and not to mention the police can check as well, this is rare but does happen.

I would just do as many mods as you want, but I would not personally touch the DPF its just not worth the risk vs reward
Thank you for your response and once the exhaust and everything is completed i am going to take it for an emissions test to see where it is at if it would struggle to pass on an mot i would simply fit the dpf back on to the vehicle and run the exhaust as a cat back system but the main question i was wanting answering is if upgrading the charge pipe and a turbo muffler delete paired with the other modifications I mentioned would make any difference?

The exhaust will have a dummy dpf and cat to pass on visual checks

Consider also that no dpf means the vehicle is “unroadworthy”, and as such any insurance you may have is invalid. You are also obliged to inform your insurance company of modifications you make, and not doing so - you guessed it - means your insurance is invalid. Should you be unfortunate to be in a serious accident, and the removal is discovered, you’ll be personally liable for your losses, and if at fault, the other parties losses, and could end up being sued for damages.

Unlikely of course. But I’d personally follow Peters advice if you want to go faster - buy an S3.