Facelift No phone ringtone available

rafletcher

Reaction score
I was in the car yesterday when the phone rang. Except it didn’t. The radio sound stopped, and I glanced at the MMI to see if I’d lost the DAB signal, and to my surprise saw I had an incoming call (my phone stays on silent most of the time). When I got home I checked the settings. Apparently my phone “does not support this function” so I cannot get the car to sound a ringtone if any sort. More accurately I suspect, the Audi inbuilt software appears not to like the latest Apple software 13.6.1 or, presumably, any future Apple software (I’m assuming it’s not actually the handset - an iPhone 11 - that’s at issue). OTOH I also tried my wife’s iPhone 6 which is at 12.8.4, and can’t get the ringtone setting to come up for that either.... hmmm.

Is there a solution?

Try deleting your Bluetooth profile on the mmi and iPhone then connext back up. Maybe even try the 3 button restart of the mmi.
I’m running a xs max on latest iOS and all works as expected in both CarPlay and normal BT connection.

Tried that, no success. Unpaired an re-paired, and rebooted the MMI. Still the same message. God help me I may have to brave an Audi garage :-(

But first I googled it....

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/telephone-incoming-call-alert-gone.326836/

Why the ring volume should be set to zero I have no idea, but don’t care now I can hear it. The “not supported” function must be the ability to select different ring tones, but I couldn’t care less about that, I’m just glad I can hear a ring tone now.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlS3BE
Re different ring tones, I assume the car will play whatever your phone has set as a ringtone. Since I only have one set, and only want one, I’ll not investigate further. I just wonder why the option is there but greyed out, as from what I’ve found thus far it’s the same for IOS and Android phones.