MMI/Virtual Dash - Allroad 50tdi

dazzalse

Reaction score
After 280,000 miles in our Q7 v12 tdi we bought a new A6 Allroad 50tdi back in December. Apart from the turbo lag its performed great travelling back and forth to the french Alps for the first 2 months of its life until the fuel gauge started showing inaccuracies along with the trip computer and range, the power switch and volume control then stopped working on the MMI.
Due to the lockdown and the car being stuck at Geneva Airport it did not return to the UK until end of May where is was duly booked into our local main agent for warranty repairs, the first slot was the beginning of July where it went in for the day to have a software update, its has remained there since for the last 2 months as they have been unable to fix it.
I wondered if anyone else had had these problems as the length of time off the road is beginning to test my patience !

Not heard of anything like that before. Is it worth escalating this with Audi UK seeing as the dealers are having no success with it?

Escalate then ask for a new car if they cannot fix the fault.

After 280,000 miles in our Q7 v12 tdi we bought a new A6 Allroad 50tdi back in December. Apart from the turbo lag its performed great travelling back and forth to the french Alps for the first 2 months of its life until the fuel gauge started showing inaccuracies along with the trip computer and range, the power switch and volume control then stopped working on the MMI.
Due to the lockdown and the car being stuck at Geneva Airport it did not return to the UK until end of May where is was duly booked into our local main agent for warranty repairs, the first slot was the beginning of July where it went in for the day to have a software update, its has remained there since for the last 2 months as they have been unable to fix it.
I wondered if anyone else had had these problems as the length of time off the road is beginning to test my patience !
I have the 50 too, digital cockpit. Fuel range indicator is not accurate. It will say 600 miles, you drive 50 on a motorway, no idling, and it says 520. Fuel gauge jumped down mid- tank once but seems Ok now. If I take it to Audi they’ll make it worse so I can live with it.

Don't know but could I ask what you thought of the Q7, especially after 250k miles which is the highest I have ever seen.