No communication with vcds

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Ok... First of all i cant post a full scan as i looked at it this evening and the chaps goes on holiday for two weeks tomorrow so won't have the car or access to it.
Its a b7 2.0 tdi and has the rnse sat nav, the chap wanted me to eject the sat nav disc, but when i do a full scan of the car, vcds would not even pick up that it had a radio/sat nav in it.
I tried individually via radio then navigation but each time it says something in the lines of no communication.
I can scan everything apart from radio and navigation.
Any ideas?...... Read somewhere about k line or something?
Not sure if sat nav unit is from another car or anything but been in the car since this chaps had it.... Last 5 years

Need to check Kline, time to pull out the radio & check wiring.

Nhn thanks, i will not be able to do anything for 2 weeks until chap is back from holiday, can you please advise on what i need do exactly, ive no idea what wire or what i should do exactly, much appreciated.

Is the headunit itself not working, why can't you eject it without VCDS?

Is the headunit itself not working, why can't you eject it without VCDS?
Apparently its locked and needs vcds to unlock the unit, as they are locked from factory during pdi.
Works fine.

I have just fitted a RNS-E communicate either. Problem is I don't know which wire is the k line from the car loom . I e what colour it is

it didn't work with old radio after I played about last time

Reactions: vw754
I have just fitted a RNS-E communicate either. Problem is I don't know which wire is the k line from the car loom . I e what colour it is

it didn't work with old radio after I played about last time
THANKS

ive just spliced a wire from terminal 7 on my obd2 plug directly to my rnse terminal b5 and Bingo straight in with vcds . so either the k line wire is incorrectly positioned or there is a break somewhere.

Reactions: vw754
I need find what wire is the k line and put it right