Audi A3 8V 2.0TDI hill hold

dariono

Reaction score
Hello
I ordered hill hold button and whole wireing for my audi from aliexpress.But I can't find any step by step retrofit.There is one thread but no pictures any more.I have experience already with retrofiting other stuffs and vcds so there is no problem.
Can anybody help me?
Best regards

Poslano sa mog SM-G975F koristeći Tapatalk

you don't even need the button. mate.

its called hold assist btw. I just coded it and set the behaviour to stick (stay active).

Thats already done on my car but I thought to ask about auto hold not for hill hold my bad .Because I had it on my mk7 and on audi is anoying me always put the hanbrake on or of when going.

what ever annoys you... you dont need the button.

just code set and forget.

I thought you needed the button and also to code the button ?
Can you just code this in VCDS ? thats a lot cheap than paying £200.00 for a button and also then need to code it.
It would be cheaper for me to buy a standard VCDS cable and do it myself than buy a button, unless I am very confused

Last edited:
I bought button and whole wireing.Without button vcds can only code hill hold nothing else.When you want to drive you must put handbrake down and when stop put back on.And with auto hold there is no need for that,when you stop on traffic light the handbrake automaticaly turns on(green (P) sign on instrument table,and when parking and turning ignition off becomes red.All I want to know is which connector on abs module do I have to disconnect and on which pin to connect new wireing.

thats not true.

I had a 2008 Audi a4 that had hold assist as a factory option. then i brought a A3 2013 this model did not have the button or the feature. I missed it so much, the behaviour

of tapping on the brake to engage the EPB
driving away without dis engaging the EPB

i used this forum to find the code and security codes - and coded this in myself using VCDS. you don't need the button, as you can configure it to remember the last known setting.

I bought button and whole wireing.Without button vcds can only code hill hold nothing else.When you want to drive you must put handbrake down and when stop put back on.And with auto hold there is no need for that,when you stop on traffic light the handbrake automaticaly turns on(green (P) sign on instrument table,and when parking and turning ignition off becomes red.All I want to know is which connector on abs module do I have to disconnect and on which pin to connect new wireing.

Didn't know that.Do you have link of that topic or any codes for vcds so I can try.I'm always open for new knowledge so I will try it.

Didn't know that.Do you have link of that topic or any codes for vcds so I can try.I'm always open for new knowledge so I will try it.

Dariono,

Some of the things you are being told on here are confusing the issue and aren't correct. I know this because my car did not have Hold Assist (which is what you are talking about) and I recently retro fitted it. Hill Hold (or whatever its called) is to stop you rolling back on a hill - all cars without traditional handbrakes have that as standard. Hold Assist is really god because it prevents you having to use the hand brake every time, but is not the same as the hand brake - it's actually the same as you sitting with your foot on the brake (but without you doing the work), meaning that pulling away from stationary with this applied is much smoother and quicker than when the handbrake is applied. You do need the button to turn this on and off (perhaps you can code it on permanently without a button, but I would have thought you'd want control of this - you don't always want to brakes holding the car when you stop).

As far as the instructions are concerned - let me know if the link above doesn't help... I am at work at the moment, but will check my laptop when I get home, as I have the instructions from the kit I used when I installed mine. My kit was from KUFATEC. It was a bit fiddly with some of the cable runs, but not too bad if you are relatively competent with stuff like this.

Reactions: Potterswheel
Dariono,

Some of the things you are being told on here are confusing the issue and aren't correct. I know this because my car did not have Hold Assist (which is what you are talking about) and I recently retro fitted it. Hill Hold (or whatever its called) is to stop you rolling back on a hill - all cars without traditional handbrakes have that as standard. Hold Assist is really god because it prevents you having to use the hand brake every time, but is not the same as the hand brake - it's actually the same as you sitting with your foot on the brake (but without you doing the work), meaning that pulling away from stationary with this applied is much smoother and quicker than when the handbrake is applied. You do need the button to turn this on and off (perhaps you can code it on permanently without a button, but I would have thought you'd want control of this - you don't always want to brakes holding the car when you stop).

As far as the instructions are concerned - let me know if the link above doesn't help... I am at work at the moment, but will check my laptop when I get home, as I have the instructions from the kit I used when I installed mine. My kit was from KUFATEC. It was a bit fiddly with some of the cable runs, but not too bad if you are relatively competent with stuff like this.
Do you happen to have the guide still? The paradigital link doesn't seem to work anymore :(