Anyone had this sudden vibration then gone?

Dubz

Reaction score
Hi All
I’m hoping to my mind at rest , I was accelerating up a slip road onto the motorway ( 170 diesel black edition ) and when I got into the motorway my car started shaking as if I had a loose wheel or really bad balancing issue , I could feel it through my seat as well as the steering , I slowed from 70mph to 50mph , dipped the clutch but it was still shaking and I was about to pull onto the hard shoulder and the shudder / vibration suddenly stopped ???? Car was normal for the rest of my journey to work ??? Totally confused dot com ! Any help appreciated

The first thing I would do before driving any further is check the tightness of the wheel nuts.

Reactions: Dubz
Thankfully they are all tight so I’m still bemused thanks for your reply

Update!! Had the day off today and jacked the car up , span the rear wheels , no obvious bearing noises ( just the slight noise of the rear pads touching disk slightly) no play in the wheels at all, jacked the one side of the front and the both front wheels won’t spin free ??? Is this normal because it’s a front wheel drive ? There’s no binding of my brakes etc? If I take my handbrake off my car rolls down my drive and when coming upto junction etc It coasts freely so I don’t think the brakes are binding etc??? Totally confused!!!.

The fronts will not spin like the backs due to the movement of the cogs in the transmission.

Reactions: Dubz
The fronts will not spin like the backs due to the movement of the cogs in the transmission.
I forgot to put an update on here it was the front drivers side calliper binding! Had the both changed and it’s been great ever since

Reactions: S.