Interior trim lights ambi light connection

sanmark

Reaction score
Hello all, I have purchased these door interior trims with led lights. And the issue is they don't work on passenger doors. Only on drivers door. I assume it's because of voltage. They come with a splitter connector so you disconnect the OEM one, insert the new then you put the OEM one in it. The window illumination works but the led lights doesn't. My question is does someone knows where should I connect this new wire to? I would like it to come on when the interior lights are on (main bean on). 20201005 115326 resized 20201005 114528 resized 20201016 200315 resized

I think there must be some coding in mmi done

Poslano sa mog SM-G975F koristeći Tapatalk

I had a customer bring me a set of these to install the other week and found the same, only drivers door worked. This is because in other markets the doors have locking and unlocking switches where in the UK we have one on the drivers door only. You will need to splice in to power and ground to get the lights working.

I had a customer bring me a set of these to install the other week and found the same, only drivers door worked. This is because in other markets the doors have locking and unlocking switches where in the UK we have one on the drivers door only. You will need to splice in to power and ground to get the lights working.
Do you remember where did you take the power from?

Do you remember where did you take the power from?
Take the power from the window switch illumination or door handle illumination these will then be on with headlights and could be dimmed with dimmer next to headlight switch. Where did you get them from? Ive been looking for some for a 3 door but all seem to be for 5 door

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Take the power from the window switch illumination or door handle illumination these will then be on with headlights and could be dimmed with dimmer next to headlight switch. Where did you get them from? Ive been looking for some for a 3 door but all seem to be for 5 door

Window switch illumination is insufficient, you get the connector that goes in for window switch but it's not enough power for the leds to work. I will check the door lever illumination wire but doubt it's 12v..I found them on aliexpress, but they are also for 4 doors..

Window switch illumination is insufficient, you get the connector that goes in for window switch but it's not enough power for the leds to work. I will check the door lever illumination wire but doubt it's 12v..I found them on aliexpress, but they are also for 4 doors..

I doubt the handle lighting will then . What about finding the pin in the door module for the b and o speaker illumination then coding in mmi so can be dimmed with menu slider

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: sanmark
Well that's actually not a bad idea.:thumbs up: I will look into it, hope to find some BO retrofit coding.

Well that's actually not a bad idea.:thumbs up: I will look into it, hope to find some BO retrofit coding.
Theres alot of info about that side of it in the retrofit led cupholder lighting mate