Hpfp upgrade

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I would just like to give a massive ahout out to a member @Charlie23 who helped point me in the right direction about the pump i bought from FB now all the internals i will say are there but there waa always something niggling me with car when fitted with the hpfp used to stutter and even lost all power to powertrain and electrics ( just shut down )
Now i remember a long time ago changing cam follower and as i didnt know how to remove the pump correctly ( well was more to so with the hose not being long enough ) i decided to remove the union bolt from pump and i was sure i heard something drop but beig ingorant i put said pump back in and ended up with fuel rail pressure problems so a very good friend ( member on here ( @samuelh_888 ) put me in the right direction . So i spoke to R-Tech and the guy said they had never looked into this but did have an old K pump sitting ( just what i needed for Cdla engine ) so i got back to the guy and he said there was a said washer in behind the brass screw . So R-Tech forwarded on to me and now i passed to my mechanic who never replaced it ( but i have to say car worked fine ) .
So if you buy a upgraded pump with the letter K ending check the brass piece that the stainless union fits for a washer as it will save you heaps off hassle .
Hope this in turn helps some1

Reactions: Charlie23, S3mertyn, ahtcap and 3 others
Nice to see posts like this, glad you fixed it & reported back to the forum.

Reactions: samuelh_888