Pedal box?

Naylor92

Reaction score
Anyone advise on using a pedal box on their RS3 to get rid of that pedal lag you get before anything happens!?
I think it’s quite bad on the RS3 for pedal lag. I’m stage 1 too so will it be worth while going for one or not?
Cheers,
Sam.

If you have lag then yes .

However some are not created equal .
Yeah I feel like the RS3 has a really laggy pedal and a lot of pressure is applied for any application! Might lighten the car up even more with it being stage 1 now too.

A couple of things to consider.

All have a multitude of settings but what you are trying to achieve is that perfect old drive by cable 1:1 and usually the highest setting achieves that so the others have no use .

Once set most have memory so an actual controller or app becomes redundant .

Some have a bulky controller , some have a detachable controller so nothing looks changed .

Some have an extra anti theft layer by immobilising the throttle pedal .

Some can limit the power output in three stages up to 75% .

A couple of things to consider.

All have a multitude of settings but what you are trying to achieve is that perfect old drive by cable 1:1 and usually the highest setting achieves that so the others have no use .

Once set most have memory so an actual controller or app becomes redundant .

Some have a bulky controller , some have a detachable controller so nothing looks changed .

Some have an extra anti theft layer by immobilising the throttle pedal .

Some can limit the power output in three stages up to 75% .
So what are you saying by this haha? Not to bother with them?

Well the one I use is the original inventor of the technology .

It has those 3 power reduction limitations and pedal lock for additional security .

It doesn't have an app control , but it's not needed as you achieve 1:1 on the highest setting .

The controller and wiring are the smallest and completely removable retaining the last setting for complete stealth .

Anyone advise on using a pedal box on their RS3 to get rid of that pedal lag you get before anything happens!?
I think it’s quite bad on the RS3 for pedal lag. I’m stage 1 too so will it be worth while going for one or not?
Cheers,
Sam.

to be perfectly honest I’ve never experienced any lag,coming from a A45 the difference between the RS and the 45 is night and day
With the 45 without a box you had time to say 3 Hail Marys once you’d stamped on the gas pedal and pulling out into busy junction
I don’t get none of that now with my RS3 absolutely love it !!!!

to be perfectly honest I’ve never experienced any lag,coming from a A45 the difference between the RS and the 45 is night and day
With the 45 without a box you had time to say 3 Hail Marys once you’d stamped on the gas pedal and pulling out into busy junction
I don’t get none of that now with my RS3 absolutely love it !!!!
I find the RS3 very laggy with the pedal. Seen a few old posts on the RS3 owners forum saying that it was the single best mod they’d done on their car. I don’t know whether to go for the Dtuk one or the RaceChip one, I really like the look of the RaceChip.

Lol!

Reactions: Count Drunkula and 8YARWY
I don't think it is the best as it has a chunky undetectable lead and controller .

Believe me I looked at every single one .

And settled for one with a thin lead small controller that's completely detachable at the pedal that retains the last setting so there if you want will be absolutely nothing to see .

Once you decide on a setting where one should stay after all an old school ( one setting ) drive by cable controlled throttle plate never received any complaints , a 1:1 relationship with pedal and plate .

But with the controller in place you then have the option of an extra layer of security , crucial on a RS3 !

It's called pedal lock .

It doesn't end there either it has 3 modes of power limitation up to 75% .

The Daddy , the original...

2020 02 14 091432

Reactions: Marshy