A2DP kufatec Bluetooth kit

Leow91

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a B8 A4 with a symphony stereo system and I’m currently using the aux for music but sooner or later that’s going to result in me getting caught using my phone at the wheel so I want to install a Bluetooth music kit I can operate via the stereo controls.
I do not have MMI so I cannot have an AMI port fitted in the glove box for my cars set up so I have been doing a bit of Googling and have found this A2dp kit from Kufatec (I’ll add the link at the end of the thread). I have tried looking for YouTube videos of these being fitted but the only one I could find was subtitled from Eastern Europe which showed the steps no problem but at one point the guy said the stereo will now need coded but he did not proceed to show the coding .

Anyway my question is has anyone ever bought/installed this kit or one similar and does it need coded, if so how difficult is it to code? I’m a noob to this stuff so don’t want to take on something that’s out of my current skill set!!

https://www.carcommunications.co.uk...-receiver-for-audi-concert-3-symphony-3-41564

If you're looking for factory bt for phone & Ami ping me a WhatsApp as I can fit these genuine systems.

The OEM system is antiquated now in tech terms. What about retro-fitting an Apple CarPlay/Android Auto interface? This link is very informative.

For a couple of hundred quid more, I fitted this.

https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/audi-a4-carplay-box/

it’s pricey, but works brilliantly for audio and even added map functionality to my car. Their customer service is also great and the fitting instructions are almost idiot proof. No coding of any parts needed either. Totally plug and play.

I’d highly recommend this kit. It adds more than just Bluetooth audio or physical controls and can also be controlled from the steering wheel buttons.

There are cheaper alternatives from the likes of AliExpress, but I’ve no experience with these. And as far as I’m aware, the UAD system is the only one to add touch screen functionality. I could be wrong about that though.

There’s a thread in this section regarding the Chinese versions. Linked in the comment above.

Good luck!

Reactions: jdp1962
For a couple of hundred quid more, I fitted this.

https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/audi-a4-carplay-box/

it’s pricey, but works brilliantly for audio and even added map functionality to my car. Their customer service is also great and the fitting instructions are almost idiot proof. No coding of any parts needed either. Totally plug and play.

I’d highly recommend this kit. It adds more than just Bluetooth audio or physical controls and can also be controlled from the steering wheel buttons.

There are cheaper alternatives from the likes of AliExpress, but I’ve no experience with these. And as far as I’m aware, the UAD system is the only one to add touch screen functionality. I could be wrong about that though.

There’s a thread in this section regarding the Chinese versions. Linked in the comment above.

Good luck!
The very same one I had fitted. :)

The very same one I had fitted. :)
I think it’s a great bit of kit!
Any complaints or issues with yours?

I didn’t want to spend that kind of money but I’m so glad I bit the bullet.

You use CarPlay or Android Auto?

Reactions: jdp1962
I think it’s a great bit of kit!
Any complaints or issues with yours?

I didn’t want to spend that kind of money but I’m so glad I bit the bullet.

You use CarPlay or Android Auto?
Strictly CarPlay, no issues st all.

Strictly CarPlay, no issues st all.

Sweet. I’m CarPlay too. Having a slight issue with my phone call audio not coming through the speakers when CarPlay is in use. I know it’s just a setting somewhere but not sure which one. Did you have to make any changes on either the iPhone or in the UAD software?

Call Audio comes through the speakers no problem without CarPlay in use.

Sweet. I’m CarPlay too. Having a slight issue with my phone call audio not coming through the speakers when CarPlay is in use. I know it’s just a setting somewhere but not sure which one. Did you have to make any changes on either the iPhone or in the UAD software?

Call Audio comes through the speakers no problem without CarPlay in use.
I’ve not had that problem: message UAD, I’m sure they’ll have an answer.