Locking and interior light issues - actuator/wiring

Chris Kinder

Reaction score
Hi all,

having sold my c250 twin turbo diesel I preparation to buy a B8 S5 4.2 V8, I have been using my wife’s A3

unfortunately it has now stopped locking on the near side, and interior lights stay on, the display says front door is open, and when locked with remote or door lock both near side doors remain locked.

checked the loom by taking the boot off near car, and pulling the wires to see if any were broken but all firm.

So I replaced the door actuator with a £30 ebay job as I’d read on here it functions equally as well, that and the oem one is £100+ and it’s money that could be spent on the V8!

unfortunately the locks still don’t function on that side, also now neither electric window works, the NS mirror doesn’t work, nor it’s heated function or inbuilt indicator.

I have done a free code check with Carista and it says I have no fault codes for the NS front or rear doors, but OSF door has faults, as well as the central electronics and body convenience system.

Before I have to get it to a garage to be fixed, or search for a needle in a haystack amongst the mass of wiring in the car, any suggestions?

I tried search but seems to be very common the switch and not losing all electrics on the NS

Much appreciated if someone can help, want it fixed as hopefully the S5 Will be my Xmas present to myself in December.

cheers
Chris

Whereabouts are you located as I have fixed door lock issues numerous times.

Unfortunately these jobs aren't of a good price nature, it's a case of turn up & fix it, if requested, often repair wiring or locks & they take some time to do properly & the DIY, so-called repairs I've seen & had to redo properly only add to the time & issues in most cases I'm afraid.

If it's wiring, there's only 1 way to fix it properly without buying new looms.

Sounds like wiring to me but without seeing the car it's speculative atm.

Are you within distance to be able to look into it?

any ideas on a ball park figure?

One day it was working, next day the left side of car electrically wasn’t working, only real common movement is the drivers door, hopefully it’s the loom in drivers door gap

Attachments

• 77A1DE4E-DBB6-422D-A214-EE95DE70F36C.png
    77A1DE4E-DBB6-422D-A214-EE95DE70F36C.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 183
  • C46932C8-2824-4184-A5B7-039B68132561.png
    C46932C8-2824-4184-A5B7-039B68132561.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 174
  • AA377A74-4207-4D28-B69F-FCEC6F29A13E.png
    AA377A74-4207-4D28-B69F-FCEC6F29A13E.png
    186 KB · Views: 171
Ping me a WhatsApp if interested.

Sent you a message over weekend.

last night I had another look and decided to take the passenger door loom out, found the brown wire completely severed and the red with green tail wire 75% cut.

Cleaned them, soldered them, added some strain relief and loom tape, and gave it enough slack to stop it being pulled.

All the NS is now working again!

Reactions: samisnake, abmat and George Kost
Yeah all soldered and working fine again.

worrying that Carista scanned the modules and said the front and rear passenger doors were fine, even though they were not connected via power and earth!