Saloon Help with CETE active valve controller

Aaron gill

Reaction score
Hi, I have managed to purchase a CETE active valve controller And I’m wondering if there’s anyone located in the north east England that could help me with the installation. I feel like if I try to install it I will end up breaking the clips on the trim so would prefer someone who has one already installed to fit one. Can pay for installation or can give some beer tokens if that’s preferred.

please reply to this thread if you can help or know where I can get help with this installation.

It’s very easy to install mate, if I can do it with zero technical expertise I’m sure you can!

Hardest bit I found was getting to the earthing point, bit fiddly but other than that a 20 minute job.

Reactions: Aaron gill
It’s very easy to install mate, if I can do it with zero technical expertise I’m sure you can!

Hardest bit I found was getting to the earthing point, bit fiddly but other than that a 20 minute job.

Looks extremely simple especially being a RHD, just I have a tendency of breaking clips and would rather get it done right first time round lol. I’ll most likely give it a try. I have recently just got some trim removal tools so hopefully this helps.

Reactions: Riko0073
I just used a flat head screw driver, it’s that simple!

I’m sure you’ll be happy with the results of the controller.

Reactions: Naylor92 and Aaron gill
I just used a flat head screw driver, it’s that simple!

I’m sure you’ll be happy with the results of the controller.
Mines still going strong, the one you sold me chap. Had a couple of hiccups months ago but been absolutely bang on since. Well worth the money either way.

Reactions: Sandra and Riko0073
Mines still going strong, the one you sold me chap. Had a couple of hiccups months ago but been absolutely bang on since. Well worth the money either way.
Glad to hear it mate.

Reactions: Sandra and Naylor92
So it arrived today and struggling to get the earth nut off with the basic tools I do have. Thought I’d just put it back together and get someone to fit it but now the floor piece of trim won’t go on flush . Anyone in north east able to do this before I start pulling my hair out. Don’t want to break a clip!

So it arrived today and struggling to get the earth nut off with the basic tools I do have. Thought I’d just put it back together and get someone to fit it but now the floor piece of trim won’t go on flush . Anyone in north east able to do this before I start pulling my hair out. Don’t want to break a clip!
Oh no!!

Think you just need a socket set, pretty cheap from Halfrauds and will be easy to get that nut off for the earthing wire.

Hopefully someone local can help you but sounds like you did most of it! It is tight under the trim to get all the wires tucked in but take your time and the do all fit with trim back on snugly.

Oh no!!

Think you just need a socket set, pretty cheap from Halfrauds and will be easy to get that nut off for the earthing wire.

Hopefully someone local can help you but sounds like you did most of it! It is tight under the trim to get all the wires tucked in but take your time and the do all fit with trim back on snugly.

Yeah it’s a right pain trying to get the trim tucked. Could literally fit it al but just could not get the nut off. Have a socket set but not the adapter to make it go down to 10mm so using the screwdriver kind of thing with a 10mm attached. Asked a local guy who said he’d be able to do it for £35 an hour so just waiting on a call back. Eager to get it on ASAP!

Yeah it’s a right pain trying to get the trim tucked. Could literally fit it al but just could not get the nut off. Have a socket set but not the adapter to make it go down to 10mm so using the screwdriver kind of thing with a 10mm attached. Asked a local guy who said he’d be able to do it for £35 an hour so just waiting on a call back. Eager to get it on ASAP!
Wish I was closer to help out!

Should take someone with more expertise 10 minutes! If it’s easier to pay a few quid for peace of mind then go for it, I tried changing a toilet valve at the weekend and caused a nightmare, paid a plumber mate £20 to sort it in the end...plumbing and electrics at home I should stay clear of!! Lol

Reactions: 8YARWY and Aaron gill

Shame you aren’t closer to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate where abouts in the north east you from? I fitted mine to the PFL and it’s really simple. You probably haven’t put the floor plate down against the other trim properly. I can give a hand if needed. The clips are pretty sturdy you’d need to put it on completely wrong to brake a clip buddy. Just be firm with it.