Rear strut brace?

Jaywoo_A3

Reaction score
Has anyone ever fitted a rear strut brace in A3 or a S3?
I have done a few searches on this topic but found no answers.
It seems that a few people have fitted them to Mk4 golfs and they are impressed with the results, as it tighten the back of the car up and eliminates squeaks and rattles in higher mileage cars.
The brace i am looking at is yarrow sport
Does anyone know where i can source one from?:think:

could be a good add on, although it means cutting or removing the boot side panels.

I had front and back sparco strut braces on my Mk 3 golf gti it def felt much better!! i didnt fit it myself though but think there was some drilling of holes

The strut tops on the rear of an S3 are at boot level, so you'd have to cut the floor out (which is basically doing the job of a brace anyway).

The one yarrow sport one ive seen bolts to the seat belt mounting points so is not a strut brace really but just stops the back of the car from flexing.

Hi guys just been searching the net and came across this wonderfull place
We have a Audi A6 2.6V6 on an M plate so not the newest LOL but has a few choice mods and is my wifes daild driver.
I on the other hand have a rather special MK4 golf V6 FWD conversion :respekt:that i did myself.

I am looking at the raer strut braces for the mk4 golf from what you have found, and found this out, i know it is a mk4 chassis basis but will be more or less the same
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/1115232.aspx

Please take the time to read the infomation what i have posted and just take it on board before you buy

There will be something better on the cards if you are interested and am in talks with some companys to do some REAL ones with REAL function for both the MK4 and AUDI range

Thanks for your time and will post some pics of our little beast soon with porsche brake conversion and RS6/ RS4 front bumper conversion

Have a VERY hapy new year and wish all the best for 2008
P.S am in the south west of wales if you have any questiond on PAINTLESS DENT REMOVAL or any help you might need

Andy

As Chris said, the back of the S3 is completely different to the back end of a 2wd Mk4 Golf. For starters, it has fully independent rear suspension unlike that of its 2wd brother. Hence anything designed to fit a 2wd golf at the back is not going to fit an S3.

Good morning to all and happy new year

I understand that they are different but thought you might like a good read of some findings
does anyone have a a few pics of the A3/S3 rear end as in dismantled so i can have a look what they look like :salute:

Thanks

Andy

the rear 's of the a3 and the mk4 are essentially the same.
i in fact have a yarowsport strut bar im going to install in my a3, ijust am very hesitant to cut the interior panels, being that im in the us, and if i ever want to take the bar out i'll never be able to find new panels.

The thing to remember is that although a rear brace bar may stop squeeking of trim, it won't assist the suspension.

The A3 rear beam is mounted on rubber bushes...as are the dampers...so even if you brace the rear suspension turrets, the dampers and beam will flop about all over the place...
The rear just doesn't work like the front, where a strut brace *can* add benefits - although with modern stiff bodyshells, those gains are debatable too.

I'm afraid most of the benefits are the placebo effect telling you that things will be better by the amount your wallet has been lightened by.

Isn't the rear suspension on the Golf R32 mk4 exactly the same the same as the s3? So if the r32 folks gain something, then it would have the same effects on the s3..

I find it very strange that no one have installed this in their a3/s3, or know if it fits.. :think: