S3 Xenon Headlights

AdamC95

Reaction score
Hello,

Have a 2012 Audi S3 with the xenon headlights and they are terrible, i presume the bulbs need changing.

I am guessing that the bulbs are D3S, can anyone recommend which bulbs are best to get for the visibility and also keeping the nice look to them?

Are they positioned correctly?

If everything is positioned correctly and they’re still no good....

0e0762d0e1d85f51e178257ad3bce66f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: e9_mustii, theViTALiTY and No more
Car rover ( Amazon sell good bi xenon D3s bulbs ) i just put 6000k in a cpl off days ago and brightness good , were around £25 a pair

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
For some reason when I type my reg in some website it says I need the D2S bulbs, which is correct D2S or D3S

D3S. If anything there is a sticker on headlights which has the information you need.

No one has mentioned what an absolute joy to fit these are....??

No one has mentioned what an absolute joy to fit these are....??

Absolute pig of a job, but if there are other jobs that need doing while you have the bumper off (scratch/dent fixing etc) then it makes sense to organise the job to do everything at the same time, and change every bulb in both lights whilst you are there.

I didn’t take the bumper off, I went in through the wheel arch liner. Driver’s side took 2 days (don’t ask) but the passenger side took half an hour from taking the wheel off to putting it back on. It’s one of those jobs that’s easy when you’ve done once, and you have the correct lamps.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I didn’t take the bumper off, I went in through the wheel arch liner. Driver’s side took 2 days (don’t ask) but the passenger side took half an hour from taking the wheel off to putting it back on. It’s one of those jobs that’s easy when you’ve done once, and you have the correct lamps.

Every time i see your comment about installing the bulbs i get scared away from doing it :p . I got some OSRAM CBI and they arrived today. Gonna try to fit them in this week and see how it goes :D

Every time i see your comment about installing the bulbs i get scared away from doing it . I got some OSRAM CBI and they arrived today. Gonna try to fit them in this week and see how it goes :D
My honest advice is to take the bumper off and do it. Its the easiest way to change the bulbs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My honest advice is to take the bumper off and do it. Its the easiest way to change the bulbs.

I was planning to replace the grille or eventually even put the S3 bumper, so definitely gonna have to remove it at some point. But with the crap weather right now and me getting off work at 4pm and it gets dark at 5pm, seems like best solution is through wheel arch :)

I really can’t understand why you would do that?? To get to the 10mm (headed) bolts you need to get behind the arch liner, once you’ve done that you’re behind the head light...

Ended up getting the philips bulbs and fitted today. What a massive difference.

My old bulbs must of been knackered as my DRLs was brighter.

Money we'll spent

Reactions: J0N
Yup, same here. Fitted my CBI's today, massive difference. Good xenon bulbs are well worth the money imo.

Reactions: J0N