Power door locking, power windows, sunroof

aldowski

Reaction score
Hello;

Recently, I tried to fix an issue with boot locking. I'll try to explain the problem.
Audi, A3 8l TDI, 1.9, 2001.

Boot lock was not working properly, so I removed the part over registration plates, there was issue with connector at the right side (for the opening switch), it was ruined, visibly, so I put wires, to it (no connector now), and the same for the other at the left side. I did take care to put everything to it's place (eft side switch was used to open boot, trunk, before the issue).

After that, I was not able to open doors using key fob, electric windows, both driver and passenger side, stopped working, sunroof does not work.

I have to lock and unlock both driver and passenger doors manually, using key. Unlocking driver's door is not unlocking passenger one. Sun roof not responding when moving the switch / button up there. Electric windows not opening when pressing buttons / switches on both sides. Strange things related to upper indoor lights, smaller ones are not being turned off at all, bigger lights are not switched on by opening doors. Those bigger and small lights can be turned on and off only by their buttons.

Communication, key fob works (key fob battery replaced 2 months ago, it did work properly for that time), there is a click sound when pressing lock / unlock at key fob, then orange lights do blink, so key fob seems working, but, no sound of pump mechanism starts, doors not unlocked / locked.

At the drivers door there is red security light at the edge, working, and green one, directed down, working as well. Wires from car body to door seems not to be broken.

The button at the drivers door for locking / unlocking all doors not working.

Fuse 14 checked, it is okay. I tried to disconnect (first minus then plus) car battery, then connect again (first plus then minus, as suggested), to see if the issue will disappear, it did not help.

Sorry for such a long explanation, just trying to say more details.

Anyone has suggestion, please?

Hello;

Recently, I tried to fix an issue with boot locking. I'll try to explain the problem.
Audi, A3 8l TDI, 1.9, 2001.

Boot lock was not working properly, so I removed the part over registration plates, there was issue with connector at the right side (for the opening switch), it was ruined, visibly, so I put wires, to it (no connector now), and the same for the other at the left side. I did take care to put everything to it's place (eft side switch was used to open boot, trunk, before the issue).

After that, I was not able to open doors using key fob, electric windows, both driver and passenger side, stopped working, sunroof does not work.

I have to lock and unlock both driver and passenger doors manually, using key. Unlocking driver's door is not unlocking passenger one. Sun roof not responding when moving the switch / button up there. Electric windows not opening when pressing buttons / switches on both sides. Strange things related to upper indoor lights, smaller ones are not being turned off at all, bigger lights are not switched on by opening doors. Those bigger and small lights can be turned on and off only by their buttons.

Communication, key fob works (key fob battery replaced 2 months ago, it did work properly for that time), there is a click sound when pressing lock / unlock at key fob, then orange lights do blink, so key fob seems working, but, no sound of pump mechanism starts, doors not unlocked / locked.

At the drivers door there is red security light at the edge, working, and green one, directed down, working as well. Wires from car body to door seems not to be broken.

The button at the drivers door for locking / unlocking all doors not working.

Fuse 14 checked, it is okay. I tried to disconnect (first minus then plus) car battery, then connect again (first plus then minus, as suggested), to see if the issue will disappear, it did not help.

Sorry for such a long explanation, just trying to say more details.

Anyone has suggestion, please?
Possibly a central locking control module problem you need to get it scanned for a more definitive results.

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network

Thanks for reply.

For the Audi A3 TDI 8l 2001, can OBD2 ELM327 (Android thru Bluetooth) be used for scanning errors, alerts of this type (Central Locking)? I know the obd2 kkl vag-com for some critical scans is the must, but have to ask if this error may be visible using ELM327?.

I have the OBD2 ELM327 module, if it will be possible to use it, which android application should be used for that generation of Audi A3, do you have any suggestion (as there seems to be limitations in OBD2 support for ECU's for older cars)?

Thanks for reply.

For the Audi A3 TDI 8l 2001, can OBD2 ELM327 (Android thru Bluetooth) be used for scanning errors, alerts of this type (Central Locking)? I know the obd2 kkl vag-com for some critical scans is the must, but have to ask if this error may be visible using ELM327?.

I have the OBD2 ELM327 module, if it will be possible to use it, which android application should be used for that generation of Audi A3, do you have any suggestion (as there seems to be limitations in OBD2 support for ECU's for older cars)?
Sorry don't know much about elm327 I use vcds take a look at this see if it helps in any way https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...2&share_fid=2376&share_type=t&link_source=app

Bluetooth OBD Setup ?

Thanks for reply.

I already used elm327 years ago, I am not sure now if it covers those specific errors related to central locking control module. It was known for limited number of errors it may test (newer version of elm327 did not make progress, just the opposite).

VCDS needs USB connection to laptop? It should be able to recognize alerts, errors from 2001 diesel Audi (that may be tricky), central locking control module errors. It seems that software is working better with older Windows versions.

I'll try to use elm327, some apks, just to see if they may show those specific alerts.

There seems to be vag-com kkl module as well, to be used with usb.

Thanks for reply.

I already used elm327 years ago, I am not sure now if it covers those specific errors related to central locking control module. It was known for limited number of errors it may test (newer version of elm327 did not make progress, just the opposite).

VCDS needs USB connection to laptop? It should be able to recognize alerts, errors from 2001 diesel Audi (that may be tricky), central locking control module errors. It seems that software is working better with older Windows versions.

I'll try to use elm327, some apks, just to see if they may show those specific alerts.

There seems to be vag-com kkl module as well, to be used with usb.
In the circumstances I would connect it and see what codes it can read clear etc I have always used vcds lite with a kkl cable to diagnose my car personally sorry I cannot be of more assistance regarding elm as I have never used it good luck.

Problems. Lots of them.

I found KKL VAG-COM for 409.1, blue one, then installed the VCDS software to laptop. Have message port: ok, interface: not found.

Then I went to car, I have hours of Laptop battery so I can try to fix interface in car.

Unfortunately, when I connected KKL cable to car and laptop, when trying to start, ignite, there was strange noise, nothing happened, on dashboard, lights were blinking on/off, like car battery was almost empty. Just clicking. Again, car battery almost empty.

I brought car battery to house, now it is on charger (it had minimum power, when charging started). It is 70Ah Varta ADAC. Charging slowly, probably will need hours to charge. At beginning of charging it had 12V (that means all 6 parts are okay), but power was minimal, zero.

I have to ask, is there a possibility for the central locking control module to drain car battery if broken? Car was parked, not in use for 3 days.

Also, as I remember, I changed inside reading upper light, after that those lights were not responding properly (something was moved inside the lights box there) when doors opened, closed. I manually turned off (I had to, trying to avoid those small lights to be on for few days) both front and back lights inside car. Can that be reason for battery being drained? That problem in the small box where reading lights are installed?

Problems. Lots of them.

I found KKL VAG-COM for 409.1, blue one, then installed the VCDS software to laptop. Have message port: ok, interface: not found.

Then I went to car, I have hours of Laptop battery so I can try to fix interface in car.

Unfortunately, when I connected KKL cable to car and laptop, when trying to start, ignite, there was strange noise, nothing happened, on dashboard, lights were blinking on/off, like car battery was almost empty. Just clicking. Again, car battery almost empty.

I brought car battery to house, now it is on charger (it had minimum power, when charging started). It is 70Ah Varta ADAC. Charging slowly, probably will need hours to charge. At beginning of charging it had 12V (that means all 6 parts are okay), but power was minimal, zero.

I have to ask, is there a possibility for the central locking control module to drain car battery if broken? Car was parked, not in use for 3 days.

Also, as I remember, I changed inside reading upper light, after that those lights were not responding properly (something was moved inside the lights box there) when doors opened, closed. I manually turned off (I had to, trying to avoid those small lights to be on for few days) both front and back lights inside car. Can that be reason for battery being drained? That problem in the small box where reading lights are installed?
The central locking control module also controls the interior lighting

Battery charged, engine starts properly, still issues with the interior lights, central locking.

I tried to remove the central locking control module box, it is placed at the driver's side, behind back wheel, unfortunately, not easy to remove, there is bass speaker, positioned in front of the module box. Everything looks dry, no visible issues with cables.

Please, any idea what needs to be checked first for short circuit, is there any place where it's happening more often? Can VCDS find it (I did not try VCDS after battery being drained)?

Battery charged, engine starts properly, still issues with the interior lights, central locking.

I tried to remove the central locking control module box, it is placed at the driver's side, behind back wheel, unfortunately, not easy to remove, there is bass speaker, positioned in front of the module box. Everything looks dry, no visible issues with cables.

Please, any idea what needs to be checked first for short circuit, is there any place where it's happening more often? Can VCDS find it (I did not try VCDS after battery being drained)?
Try vcds and scan for faults after battery is reconnected and see what happened then