HELP - Rocker Cover removal

Rick PC Plod

Reaction score
Please HELP - Audi A4 B8 2008, 1.8TFSI (K2) - I had a fault code that showed P201500 (Manifold Runner Position Sensor) so I thought I'd have a go at fixing it, I also noticed that there is a bad oil leak from the rocker cover, so I'd fix that as well while I'm at it. Two (2) things, I have removed all the bolts I can from the rocker cover (not the front timing chain cover) but it won't move, only part way! and I'm afraid to force it in case I have missed something and break it...does anyone know how you get this thing off?, what am I missing? I've searched all over youtube and can't find anything that relates to my particular car. The second thing is, I can't find the Manifold Runner Sensor, no matter how many vids I watch, nothing looks like mine??? don't know if its a different model in Australia or what!!! Please help - Rick

Seems that P2015 fault can come up for a whole host of reasons. Been reading about it on Skoda TSI engines, including replacing the entire intake manifold, but may be on later engines.

Think the part is 07L 907 386B? This is referred to as air intake manifold position sensor, but on Autodoc as suction pipe reverse flap. 8K2 cars, 120-211PS. The sensor is located to the left bank of intakes, you can see the connection protruding. You can see better pictures if you search for ECS tuning.

Can't help with the rocker or cam cover gasket if it's not lifting. I'd check the new gasket for bolt holes, it may be stuck with heat. Personally I'd go for a genuine part. There's a sequence for tightening and only 10Nm. Again, what I've read, some use liquid sealant at some locations. Someone with access to Elsawin will be able to confirm.
IMG 0575

Attachments

• IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 71