CD Multichanger

axelfols

Reaction score
My Multichanger is now beyond repair. I'd like to keep the original Audi head unit (if possible) as its in keeping with the existing interior. Can i purchase an aftermarket equivalent or do i have to approach the dealer and pay over the odds? Is an MP3 conversion possible although, the idea of taking i-pod to and from house sounds a tad annoying. Thanks for any replies.

I take it that you can just plug this straight in without any compatabillity issues??

Yes, if you shop around you might be able to get it cheaper, I'm sure somewhere used to do the same bundle for about £180.

The only issues are accessing MP3's i.e. 99 track limit and having to have all the tracks in one folder. This is a limitation of the HU. With an MP3 HU you can have albums in folders which you access like multi CD's in a changer.

thanks for the info. My head unit is a Delta and i'm aware that this is a fairly old model. Pardon my ignorance but,, how do you control MP3 selection if the head units ancient??

I don't think that package supports the Delta as it uses a different 8 pin bus.
Audi HU's treat an MP3 Cd just like an audio Cd with 99 tracks on it. You can only access track 100 by letting track 99 finish, which is a bit awkward if you're desperate to hear track 123.

No one seems to do the adapter for Delta or Gamma HU's. I guess they've only bothered with the more popular 2nd generation Concert/Symphony/Chorus HU's.

Thanks for all your help. I've decided to get a new head unit after all. It seems i've no other option.