A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Didn't realise picking it up was an option. Although I don't know if I'd want a 2 drive home on the motorways on my first ever time in an automatic with about 100 more horse power than I've ever driven before.
I asked them if I could, they didn't offer it to me as an option initially, but they were happy to accomodate. I've also never driven an automatic, and it has more power than my previous cars... but that's part of the fun isn't it? :friendly wink:

Reactions: tomascott
I asked them if I could, they didn't offer it to me as an option initially, but they were happy to accomodate. I've also never driven an automatic, and it has more power than my previous cars... but that's part of the fun isn't it? :friendly wink:
Very true. Think I'm just being a bit of a :smilecat:. But I'll have to drive it at some point :laugh:

Does anyone know if the delivery comes on the back of a truck or does it get driven by someone else? Mines through Audi Leeds but I live in Liverpool, I think I’d rather go up and put the first 100 miles home on myself if it doesn’t

Does anyone know if the delivery comes on the back of a truck or does it get driven by someone else? Mines through Audi Leeds but I live in Liverpool, I think I’d rather go up and put the first 100 miles home on myself if it doesn’t
I assumed it'd be on the back of a flat bed, but don't know for sure. To be honest I'll be a bit ****** off if someone else has driven it all the way here from Leeds. I'll report back next week.

Reactions: Dbrett25
I assumed it'd be on the back of a flat bed, but don't know for sure. To be honest I'll be a bit ****** off if someone else has driven it all the way here from Leeds. I'll report back next week.
Agreed. About half hour ago I got an email to mines built and waiting to be shipped the uk so hopefully I won’t be far behind

What do we think the likelihood of my car already being on the ship is? The woman from the Audi dealership emailed yesterday at 11am to say it’s been built and waiting to be shipped. The ISAR HIGHWAY left Emden at 2pm yesterday on its way to Grimsby. Do you think it could have been placed on this one or is that far too early.

Impatient now I’m at the last stretch :D

Reactions: discosteve
What do we think the likelihood of my car already being on the ship is? The woman from the Audi dealership emailed yesterday at 11am to say it’s been built and waiting to be shipped. The ISAR HIGHWAY left Emden at 2pm yesterday on its way to Grimsby. Do you think it could have been placed on this one or is that far too early.

I got an update that my car was waiting to be shipped on 3rd November. But I had to chase for this so not sure how long before that it was actually waiting for.

Then mine shipped on 10th November. So I'd say you're more likely to be on a ship next week. You could get lucky though.

When was your actual build week?

I got an update that my car was waiting to be shipped on 3rd November. But I had to chase for this so not sure how long before that it was actually waiting for.

Then mine shipped on 10th November. So I'd say you're more likely to be on a ship next week. You could get lucky though.

When was your actual build week?
I got given week 44 formally but then dealership confirmed week 45 like two days before week 45. I then heard nothing until yesterday when she said it was waiting to ship so not sure when the build was complete etc.

I got given week 44 formally but then dealership confirmed week 45 like two days before week 45. I then heard nothing until yesterday when she said it was waiting to ship so not sure when the build was complete etc.
So that's 6th November build week then? Well mine was 9th October build week, landed in UK 10th November. It might be best to think more in those terms. Like I say you could get lucky but it could also be a couple more weeks yet

Almost no chance I'm afraid, mine was at the port in Emden for 3 weeks before it arrived in the UK. You're looking at about 4-5 weeks from arriving at the port in Emden to being delivered to you.

Just had a call confirming the details for delivery tomorrow and they've said it'll just be driven over to me. Not on the back of a flat bed. So I'll probably have to give it a good clean when it gets here to get itlookinf brand new :chargrined:

Just had a call confirming the details for delivery tomorrow and they've said it'll just be driven over to me. Not on the back of a flat bed. So I'll probably have to give it a good clean when it gets here to get itlookinf brand new :chargrined:
Ah was that with Leeds too? How far away is the dealership from your delivery.

Bit crap that. I got setup on the myAudi app today and saw the mileage sitting at 8 miles, I want it as low as possible when I collect it! :tearsofjoy:

Got any photos?

Got any photos?
Not yet. Been in the office all day today. Which was nice to get to drive it there. But then it was late getting back and then home life takes over. I'll get some on at the weekend.

I will say I'm loving it so far!

Reactions: tomascott and Dbrett25
Sorry to hijack, I have the opportunity to buy a "A3 45 tfsi e s line competition w tech pack pro in grey [2024 build]" for £38500 (available stock - inc. discounts/pcp contribution). I do not see many reviews on it but wondering how that spec is for the price.

My car is now at the dealership. Just got to wait for the lease company to collect it and do their thing before it’ll come to me. Hopefully that’ll be within the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: Tzsteve, Dbrett25, discosteve and 1 other person
Ah was that with Leeds too? How far away is the dealership from your delivery.
Emailed Audi this morning for an update. She said it’s in Status 40 and will keep me updated. By looking online it seems Status 40 means it’s currently in the UK port waiting for transport to the dealer

Reactions: mdex and EventualA3
I've given up chasing for updates on mine as it was depressing me. Was still saying week 44 build date during week 46 according to the dealership.

Emailed Audi this morning for an update. She said it’s in Status 40 and will keep me updated. By looking online it seems Status 40 means it’s currently in the UK port waiting for transport to the dealer
Just got a call to say it’s at the dealership and earliest she can delivery is the 19th, which is the day I go on holiday

So confirmed delivery for the 28th December. Just over a month early than my original delivery date. :)

Reactions: mdex
Reading some of the posts l can see why people get frustrated and angry in some cases!‍♂️ I ordered an S3 ‘Vorsprung’ in mid May but unfortunately due to a mistake in the ordering process l found out before it arrived in mid September it was in the wrong colour. However after a bit of negotiation with the dealership we came up with an agreement whereby l’d accept it but at the same time order another one in the correct colour. In the meantime l’d get to know the S3 and all its foibles! So here is the timeline from placing the second order on the 25th Sept and allocated to build week 42 (16-22 Oct). On the 17th Oct l received an email to say the car was ’In Build’, 9th Nov ‘Final Checks’, 4th Dec ‘In Transit’ and 6th Dec ‘Arrived in UK’. Then today l had a phone call from my dealer saying the car had arrived and have now made arrangements to collect it next Tues the 12th!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzsteve
Reading some of the posts l can see why people get frustrated and angry in some cases!‍♂️ I ordered an S3 ‘Vorsprung’ in mid May but unfortunately due to a mistake in the ordering process l found out before it arrived in mid September it was in the wrong colour. However after a bit of negotiation with the dealership we came up with an agreement whereby l’d accept it but at the same time order another one in the correct colour. In the meantime l’d get to know the S3 and all its foibles! So here is the timeline from placing the second order on the 25th Sept and allocated to build week 42 (16-22 Oct). On the 17th Oct l received an email to say the car was ’In Build’, 9th Nov ‘Final Checks’, 4th Dec ‘In Transit’ and 6th Dec ‘Arrived in UK’. Then today l had a phone call from my dealer saying the car had arrived and have now made arrangements to collect it next Tues the 12th!
****** hell, things have improved, i had to wait over a year for mine!

My car is now at a UK port!

January delivery still much better than the March I was originally told.

Reactions: Dbrett25, EventualA3 and tomascott
I finally got my car delivered late last night… 3 weeks from Dealer to me :( the whole process of ordering a company car where I work is a bit of a mess. Anyways, loving the car!

Attachments

• IMG_6998.jpeg
    IMG_6998.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: Tzsteve and mdex
Hello,
I found this forum by accident, but I found it really informative and I thought I will use this opportunity to ask the community the following question: has anyone here ordered A3 with TDI engine? :)? Long story short: I`ve ordered A3 limo in September 2023 in a very rare configuration: base model, TDI engine and manual transmission. Since September zero changes on the status of the order, so far it was not picked up for production even. I wonder how long this could go? I determined in the dealership in Poland that the factory priorities the cars with more expensive specs, which means that the waiting time for base model could be quite long. Maybe anyone has a similar experience? For what I read and heard the TDI orders for A3 are super rare.

Thank you :)

My car is now at a UK port!

January delivery still much better than the March I was originally told.

Delivery booked for 17th! 8 weeks ahead of schedule!

It's like Christmas Mk2.

I got a call from my Audi dealer today, my new S3 arrived! Was ordered late Oct delivered to dealer mid Feb. half of me is thinking I should have waited for the facelift but the other half is saying facelift be considerably dearer and realistically could be end of year or later depending on when they reveal,
I won’t be able to collect it till Sat week, can’t wait!

I got a call from my Audi dealer today, my new S3 arrived! Was ordered late Oct delivered to dealer mid Feb. half of me is thinking I should have waited for the facelift but the other half is saying facelift be considerably dearer and realistically could be end of year or later depending on when they reveal,
I’ll go get it for ya pal.

I would waited for the facelift myself as the current S3 prices will have a big drop when the facelift comes out in the next couple of months .
What spec have you gone for on your S3

I would waited for the facelift myself as the current S3 prices will have a big drop when the facelift comes out in the next couple of months .
What will the facelift have that the current S3 hasn't? I suppose the market will decide whether its worth significantly more than the outgoing model, but if the old one was bought at a significantly higher discount, it being worth a few £k less at trade-in time isn't a bother. I can't see the price of 2 to 3 year old 8Y S3s tumbling now/soon when there's no 2 or 3 year old examples of the facelift to pick instead at the used price points.

On terms of resale considerations, I would hope the OP is waiting for March 1st registration and collection.

What will the facelift have that the current S3 hasn't? I suppose the market will decide whether its worth significantly more than the outgoing model, but if the old one was bought at a significantly higher discount, it being worth a few £k less at trade-in time isn't a bother. I can't see the price of 2 to 3 year old 8Y S3s tumbling now/soon when there's no 2 or 3 year old examples of the facelift to pick instead at the used price points.

On terms of resale considerations, I would hope the OP is waiting for March 1st registration and collection.
From the you tube videos I've watched it comes with more power and a torque splitter similar to the one in the
current RS3 and I imagine there will be more when its properly unveiled .
When a facelift is launched the current car always takes a decent hit I've seen it happen
on all my Golf R's S3's etc over the years .

From the you tube videos I've watched it comes with more power and a torque splitter similar to the one in the
current RS3 and I imagine there will be more when its properly unveiled .
When a facelift is launched the current car always takes a decent hit I've seen it happen
on all my Golf R's S3's etc over the years .
Torque splitter and power increase on par with current Golf R...You're going to be talking a baseline RRP of over £44k, the S3 in its bare bones firm had an RRP of under £40k (just) in April last year when I bought mine. The only thing I'm bothered about is what I buy mine for, and what I sell it for. Paid £38k for mine with an RRP of £43.5k Inc. 19" wheels, one for the big packs, red calipers 5 year warranty, HBA. If I get £27-28k back at 3 years old, I'll be happy (about £1500 more than the PCP GFV). If my used one is worth £3k less than a used one that cost £5k more, it won't be an issue for me.

Would welcome the marginal extra power, but torque splitter - you won't get much use for that on public roads unless you spend your Saturday nights impressing the laydeez and spotty 17 year old lads in their Corsas by donutting around McDonalds car park.

Torque splitter and power increase on par with current Golf R...You're going to be talking a baseline RRP of over £44k, the S3 in its bare bones firm had an RRP of under £40k (just) in April last year when I bought mine. The only thing I'm bothered about is what I buy mine for, and what I sell it for. Paid £38k for mine with an RRP of £43.5k Inc. 19" wheels, one for the big packs, red calipers 5 year warranty, HBA. If I get £27-28k back at 3 years old, I'll be happy (about £1500 more than the PCP GFV). If my used one is worth £3k less than a used one that cost £5k more, it won't be an issue for me.

Would welcome the marginal extra power, but torque splitter - you won't get much use for that on public roads unless you spend your Saturday nights impressing the laydeez and spotty 17 year old lads in their Corsas by donutting around McDonalds car park.
I'am not interested in the torque splitter at all as I wouldn't use it . The extra power puts it on par with the Golf R 20 years so I wouldn't be surprised if the 8.5 R is even higher .

I got a decent saving on mine too it was £40.688 and I got it for £35k back in march 2019
The GFV doesn't bother me as I always pay my cars off around 2 years from the end of the deal .

I'am not interested in the torque splitter at all as I wouldn't use it . The extra power puts it on par with the Golf R 20 years so I wouldn't be surprised if the 8.5 R is even higher .

I got a decent saving on mine too it was £40.688 and I got it for £35k back in march 2019
The GFV doesn't bother me as I always pay my cars off around 2 years from the end of the deal .

Torque splitter just a gimmick trust me.

At least there’s no drift mode so you don’t get muppets driving like this twonk

6a8ad0a8568ae9f79ca7f6488fc13ab7.jpg

Sent from under the bridge while on Troll duty.

I thought long and hard about it, there will definitely be an increase in price on the facelift it hasn’t been confirmed exactly when it’s coming and what the difference will be, it could realistically be end of year before they land,
Either way I’m really happy with what I’ve got coming, there aren’t many 8y s3’s on the road over here,
They don’t offer the same packs like black edition or vorsprung over here and the spec is slightly different here than uk, options have to be added individually .
It’s mythos black with Pan roof with larger advanced cockpit, flat bottom wheel, B&O, also went for Nappa leather with red contrast stitching.
Can’t wait to pick it up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze

I went with finance to grab the deposit contribution and paid it off the next day, but still consider the GFV relevant as it gives you a good indication of what it will be worth in p/x or sale to the likes of "Motorway", generally 110-115% of 3 year GFV after 3 years.

I thought long and hard about it, there will definitely be an increase in price on the facelift it hasn’t been confirmed exactly when it’s coming and what the difference will be, it could realistically be end of year before they land,
Either way I’m really happy with what I’ve got coming, there aren’t many 8y s3’s on the road over here,
They don’t offer the same packs like black edition or vorsprung over here and the spec is slightly different here than uk, options have to be added individually .
It’s mythos black with Pan roof with larger advanced cockpit, flat bottom wheel, B&O, also went for Nappa leather with red contrast stitching.
Can’t wait to pick it up!
Well if you're happy that is all that matters mate .
Lokk foward to seeing the pics :icon thumright:

Torque splitter just a gimmick trust me.

At least there’s no drift mode so you don’t get muppets driving like this twonk

6a8ad0a8568ae9f79ca7f6488fc13ab7.jpg

Sent from under the bridge while on Troll duty.
I know mate I have no interest in the Torque splitter . Idiots like this shouldn't be on the road .