A3/S3 delivery lead time?

When i spoke to my salesman on Feb 14th my car was still showing status 38 but was at the port and released for exit, it was in Grimsby 10 days later.
Any idea how long in total yours was at stage 38? I jumped on an "in stock" car which was built but still at Emden it was at stage 38 when I placed the order on 17th March. Not sure how long it was already at stage 38, but I'm hoping it's here or soon to be as I'm currently car-less after selling my Cupra Born.

No, it was status 30 and showing in transit from factory to Emden on 26th Jan, i rang the dealer on 14thFeb and it was status 38 in port of exit released, arrived in Grimsby 23th feb.
I kept checking the port arrivals and it was almost every other day a ship from Emden was due in, so hopefully you will have it soon!

Reactions: monkeyhanger
When the dealer rang me on the 24th March he told me it had arrived at Emden and I’d be looking at collecting mine in 3 weeks. I’m expecting with Easter it maybe a little longer.

Picked my edition 1 up yesterday, got lucky and only had to wait 2 weeks from ordering as was already a couple made at a port waiting.Very happy with it so far

Attachments

• IMG-20230402-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20230402-WA0001.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Reactions: vatdim, Saral and SamB2020
2 weeks, you hit the jackpot there! Nice colour!!
Yeah very lucky, was qouted 12 months when enquired last year, managed to get 12% discount off aswell, only bad thing is no sound and comfort so will have to get rear camera fitted

Picked my edition 1 up yesterday, got lucky and only had to wait 2 weeks from ordering as was already a couple made at a port waiting.Very happy with it so far
I was chasing an in stock S3 in Turbo Blue at Tamworth Audi, they were taking an age to get back to me about my p/x and in the 36 hours it took them to give me a p/x price (£4k less than motorway.co.uk) it had been sold. I've been pestered daily since to ask me why I didn't buy. I did answer and now they're chasing me to buy a used one.

I was chasing an in stock S3 in Turbo Blue at Tamworth Audi, they were taking an age to get back to me about my p/x and in the 36 hours it took them to give me a p/x price (£4k less than motorway.co.uk) it had been sold. I've been pestered daily since to ask me why I didn't buy. I did answer and now they're chasing me to buy a used one.
With a higher APR no doubt

Ordered a 35 TFSI DSG Sportback on 10 Feb and just had an email today from Audi to say it has now gone into build. No final delivery date as yet but some progress at least.

Reactions: tomascott
Ordered a 35 TFSI DSG Sportback on 10 Feb and just had an email today from Audi to say it has now gone into build. No final delivery date as yet but some progress at least.
Are the backlogs easing now finally or is it just some people getting lucky?

Ordered April 2022 - Audi A3 40 TFSI E - C&S Pack - chased them yesterday and they now have a confirmed build week 15. ADTC 2nd June, but they think it could be before that date.

Are the backlogs easing now finally or is it just some people getting lucky?
I've read a few things online recently that supply chains are easing and chips are becoming more available. There's probably still a chance some people could be waiting a year or more but hopefully things will speed up this year

Ordered April 2022 - Audi A3 40 TFSI E - C&S Pack - chased them yesterday and they now have a confirmed build week 15. ADTC 2nd June, but they think it could be before that date.
Praying there's a whole host of TFSIe's coming through production now then. Genuinely don't think I could wait more than a year like you've had to

Reactions: Bluebell4322
Praying there's a whole host of TFSIe's coming through production now then. Genuinely don't think I could wait more than a year like you've had to
I hope so too for everyone! Will keep you all updated once I get delivery! Give everyone a rough idea!

Reactions: JJINANAUDI
Still waiting for mine ordered March 2022, told a year, was due March. Chased February and they said it’s delayed so probably May. Contacted them beginning of April and they now say they haven’t actually got a build date but normally 8 weeks delivery once they are told. It’s a A3 45tfsie in python yellow through Global as company car. My boss had ordered an E tron June 22 and was told a couple of weeks ago it would be 2024 before he gets it…has cancelled order. So frustrating

Anyone know if you get a email when it’s left Emden. Dealership told me over 2 weeks ago it was at Emden and I’d have it on my drive within 3 weeks. Since then I’ve heard nothing.

Anyone know if you get a email when it’s left Emden. Dealership told me over 2 weeks ago it was at Emden and I’d have it on my drive within 3 weeks. Since then I’ve heard nothing.
If you've ordered from scratch and had the order/tracking number and subscribed to the notification system, you should get notification emails or texts the next morning after a change. My car is still at status 38 as far as I know (released to exit at Emden - i.e. in a queue to get on a ship). Mine has been at status 38 for at least 3 weeks. I didn't order from scratch, I grabbed an "in stock" car, built but not assigned to a customer at the dealership, so I have no other no for tracking.

3 weeks is supposedly the norm for waiting at Emden right now, so shipment of mine (and yours) should be imminent. If your dealership is very close to the receiving port, you could get it within a week of arrival into the UK. My dealership in Grimsby is a few Mike's from the port and they reckon they usually get cars delivered to the dealership about 3-4 days after landing in the UK. Where's your dealership?

If you've ordered from scratch and had the order/tracking number and subscribed to the notification system, you should get notification emails or texts the next morning after a change. My car is still at status 38 as far as I know (released to exit at Emden - i.e. in a queue to get on a ship). Mine has been at status 38 for at least 3 weeks. I didn't order from scratch, I grabbed an "in stock" car, built but not assigned to a customer at the dealership, so I have no other no for tracking.

3 weeks is supposedly the norm for waiting at Emden right now, so shipment of mine (and yours) should be imminent. If your dealership is very close to the receiving port, you could get it within a week of arrival into the UK. My dealership in Grimsby is a few Mike's from the port and they reckon they usually get cars delivered to the dealership about 3-4 days after landing in the UK. Where's your dealership?
Mine was a dealership order that I took over and added a few options , I have an order number and I’ve received emails but nothing for a few weeks. I’m told mine will be on route to Grimsby and the Dealership is Derby.

How do I get the order number and subscribe to the notification system?

How do I get the order number and subscribe to the notification system?
Its been a while since I placed an order from scratch, but you usually get an 8 digit tracking number you can input on the relevant app or tracker and it'll tell you what stage it's at in the order placement/build/delivery process. It didn't work too well last time I used it. According to the app, my car got delivered about 7 months after I actually got it.

Its been a while since I placed an order from scratch, but you usually get an 8 digit tracking number you can input on the relevant app or tracker and it'll tell you what stage it's at in the order placement/build/delivery process. It didn't work too well last time I used it. According to the app, my car got delivered about 7 months after I actually got it.
Thanks. What is the app you mention? Is it the myAudi app or something else?

Just got a code update from my dealership (an automated email) - it's at status 40, so it has arrived in the UK. Will check with salesman when it's due in to dealership.

Just had an automated email from Audi telling me the same thing, so I must be tied into the Audi notifications system. I would ring the dealership to see when they expect it onsite (they are 2 miles from the docks, so will expect it in a matter of days), but my salesman is off on a Tuesday.
Screenshot 20230411 124817 Yahoo Mail

Just had an automated email from Audi telling me the same thing, so I must be tied into the Audi notifications system. I would ring the dealership to see when they expect it onsite (they are 2 miles from the docks, so will expect it in a matter of days), but my salesman is off on a Tuesday.View attachment 266221
Did you get one saying in transit?
Last I got was Final checks completed and about to leave the factory.

Did you get one saying in transit?
Last I got was Final checks completed and about to leave the factory.
Nope, but this was an "in stock" car when I jumped on it, it was already at Emden In status 38 when I took the order on.

Reactions: SamB2020
Nope, but this was an "in stock" car when I jumped on it, it was already at Emden In status 38 when I took the order on.
Last I heard from the dealership was mine was at Emden. Just wondering if I will get the in Transit email when it leaves.

Last I heard from the dealership was mine was at Emden. Just wondering if I will get the in Transit email when it leaves.
Doubt you'll get tge email to say it's leaving. If you haven't had it already, I think you'll get the "38" email (released to port exit), then you'll get the "40" to say it arrived. Considering the boat trip is less than 20 hours, they probably didn't see the need.

Reactions: SamB2020
Finally some good news from Audi. After 19 months and 2 weeks of placing my order for my A3 Sportback 45TFSI S-Line Competition and numerous push backs on build weeks (18 in total). Today I finally got confirmed of a build week 18. Hoping it’s here end of June.

Reactions: Jak_11 and monkeyhanger
Finally some good news from Audi. After 19 months and 2 weeks of placing my order for my A3 Sportback 45TFSI S-Line Competition and numerous push backs on build weeks (18 in total). Today I finally got confirmed of a build week 18. Hoping it’s here end of June.
Well that's good news and BW18 is 1st May, so you'd like to think by the end of May rather than end of June

Well that's good news and BW18 is 1st May, so you'd like to think by the end of May rather than end of June
I’d be surprised if it built and delivered within four weeks. Mines been sat at Emden for over three weeks waiting to be shipped to the Uk.

Reactions: monkeyhanger
I’d be surprised if it built and delivered within four weeks. Mines been sat at Emden for over three weeks waiting to be shipped to the Uk.
Would fully agree with that. Mine arrived at Grimsby port on Sunday, after a 3.5 week wait at Emden. Add in a week to deliver if the receiving dealership is very close to the UK port of arrival, or up to 3 weeks if not. End of June collection is far more likely.

Would fully agree with that. Mine arrived at Grimsby port on Sunday, after a 3.5 week wait at Emden. Add in a week to deliver if the receiving dealership is very close to the UK port of arrival, or up to 3 weeks if not. End of June collection is far more likely.
Fully agree with that. Looking at other posts. It’s seems about 6-8 weeks from the build week to get to my dealer. To be honest I’ve waited so ****** long that it’s not that exciting anymore especially as it’s not not coming with some of the options I originally ordered. Especially the ambient lighting. This I don’t understand as VAG seem to supply it for many of the call other cars. Guessing it would be standard but a kit across the VAG manufacturers. So why not supply it for the A3.

Fully agree with that. Looking at other posts. It’s seems about 6-8 weeks from the build week to get to my dealer. To be honest I’ve waited so ****** long that it’s not that exciting anymore especially as it’s not not coming with some of the options I originally ordered. Especially the ambient lighting. This I don’t understand as VAG seem to supply it for many of the call other cars. Guessing it would be standard but a kit across the VAG manufacturers. So why not supply it for the A3.
What options will be missing from yours when it arrives and have you had it confirmed, also what spec did you order ? I’m told mine hasn’t anything missing but we’ll see when it eventually gets here.

What options will be missing from yours when it arrives and have you had it confirmed, also what spec did you order ? I’m told mine hasn’t anything missing but we’ll see when it eventually gets here.
The only thing I know that was confirmed was the ambient lighting pack. Back in Feb/March 2022 Audi removed it from the options. When I was sent the screen grab from my broker on Friday of the confirmed build week it’s not on the list of options to be fitted. Strange as VW, Seat, Supra still offer that option.

The only thing I know that was confirmed was the ambient lighting pack. Back in Feb/March 2022 Audi removed it from the options. When I was sent the screen grab from my broker on Friday of the confirmed build week it’s not on the list of options to be fitted. Strange as VW, Seat, Supra still offer that option.
When I was speaking to my dealership the other week he tells me my edition 1 is built and at Emden I asked if anything had been omitted from the spec and he confirmed all was there including extended ambient. Hopefully I’ll find out in a few weeks time.

Hi all,
New to this forum, I ordered an edition1 A3 saloon with comfort and sound package back in February, was due to be built week16 which is tomorrow 17th April, but I was browsing on the configurater a couple of days ago and I discovered you can no longer order an edition 1 as they are not available now, so long story short have changed order to Black edition with Tech pack pro which includes sunroof which was not able to add to the edition 1, but have been informed that it’s now another 16 weeks away from build!, but not holding my breath on that estimate!.

Hi all,
New to this forum, I ordered an edition1 A3 saloon with comfort and sound package back in February, was due to be built week16 which is tomorrow 17th April, but I was browsing on the configurater a couple of days ago and I discovered you can no longer order an edition 1 as they are not available now, so long story short have changed order to Black edition with Tech pack pro which includes sunroof which was not able to add to the edition 1, but have been informed that it’s now another 16 weeks away from build!, but not holding my breath on that estimate!.
I looked at the new Black Edition as I’ve a Edition 1 due imminent, but the lack of matrix and cockpit plus has put me off.

Hi all,
You've basically just started from scratch. Just because they've changed what you can order with effect front the price rises implemented on 04 April, doesn't mean they wouldn't have built your original order, they just wouldn't have taken orders for any more.

You'll also be paying the post price rise price as implemented on 04 April. You've shot yourself in the foot there, unless you had a strong preference gor the black edition.