A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Placed my order in April for A3 saloon Black edition with Tech pack pro, received phone call yesterday from the dealer saying it is due to be built in week 22, so hopefully have it in July sometime.
Amazing, hopefully not too long of a wait then

Also asked about ambient light pack and was told that it will probably not be on car as not available to add on anymore, so likely hood won’t be on your order either, disappointing really as I really wanted it
Also asked about ambient light pack and was told that it will probably not be on car as not available to add on anymore, so likely hood won’t be on your order either, disappointing really as I really wanted it.
That's really disappointing, there was no option to add it on so i assumed it would just be added on as a standard, i've seen it's available on the S3 spec so you'd think it was also available for the A3.

That's really disappointing, there was no option to add it on so i assumed it would just be added on as a standard, i've seen it's available on the S3 spec so you'd think it was also available for the A3.
No option to add anymore, I originally ordered a Edition 1 back in march but cancelled when I found out they changed model specs, didn’t want a car with no options available to add as I wanted the pan sunroof which is now in the Tech pack pro, but the ambient lighting pack was on the edition 1 but taken off the black edition, strange thinking by Audi as the ambient lighting pack was very popular.

Placed my order in April for A3 saloon Black edition with Tech pack pro, received phone call yesterday from the dealer saying it is due to be built in week 22, so hopefully have it in July sometime.
3 months is a pretty decent time! A few pages back, one of the other members complained about close to a 20-month wait. Here's to everything sorting itself out and finally returning to normal production and waiting times once again.

3 months is a pretty decent time! A few pages back, one of the other members complained about close to a 20-month wait. Here's to everything sorting itself out and finally returning to normal production and waiting times once again.
Fingers crossed, about time I’ve been quoted, but I’m not holding my breath as we all know how dealers info is always going to be very flexible!, mate of mine has just received his Golf GTD after a 24 month wait!

Fingers crossed, about time I’ve been quoted, but I’m not holding my breath as we all know how dealers info is always going to be very flexible!, mate of mine has just received his Golf GTD after a 24 month wait!
Wow, 2 full years waiting, does he even want that car now? Hopefully no one else will have to endure that, at least not on this board.

Wow, 2 full years waiting, does he even want that car now? Hopefully no one else will have to endure that, at least not on this board.
He picked it up last week, really pleased with the car, but I would like to think he would be after such a long wait, no way would I have waited that long, only upside was he paid the cheaper price of the car of 2 years ago and also got a better deal on his p/x due to used car values rising.

Reactions: vatdim
He picked it up last week, really pleased with the car, but I would like to think he would be after such a long wait, no way would I have waited that long, only upside was he paid the cheaper price of the car of 2 years ago and also got a better deal on his p/x due to used car values rising.
I might've considered a Golf R over my S3 if not for the ridiculous wait. Thankfully the Audi website shows "in stock" new cars to grab and there's the occasional S3 sportback coming through if you're quick. Not sure about the Golf 8's droopy front end still though, it hasn't grown on me - the MK7 was such a looker, had a GTD then an R.

I might've considered a Golf R over my S3 if not for the ridiculous wait. Thankfully the Audi website shows "in stock" new cars to grab and there's the occasional S3 sportback coming through if you're quick. Not sure about the Golf 8's droopy front end still though, it hasn't grown on me - the MK7 was such a looker, had a GTD then an R.
Same here I had a mk7 gtd then changed it for a R, prefer the shape of the mk7 to the mk8, I suppose it will grow on me but the mk7 didn’t have to grow on me it was an instant like. That says a lot to me.

Reactions: monkeyhanger
Same here I had a mk7 gtd then changed it for a R, prefer the shape of the mk7 to the mk8, I suppose it will grow on me but the mk7 didn’t have to grow on me it was an instant like. That says a lot to me.
I had a mk7.5 gtd. best car I have ever owned. Put off by the mk8 for various reasons so went for the A3.

No option to add anymore, I originally ordered a Edition 1 back in march but cancelled when I found out they changed model specs, didn’t want a car with no options available to add as I wanted the pan sunroof which is now in the Tech pack pro, but the ambient lighting pack was on the edition 1 but taken off the black edition, strange thinking by Audi as the ambient lighting pack was very popular.
Now that’s a quote I thought I’d never see, someone cancel an edition 1 to reorder a black edition. For me the matrix headlights, cockpit + are all the extra bits I wanted when I brought my previous s-line.

Rumours that my 45 TFSIe S Line competition is now on UK shores, although surprisingly the suggestion being at Newcastle (When Grimsby is only about an hour from me!). This is about 13months since it was ordered.

How long does it usually take to get to dealers when it lands in the UK?

I agree with what has been said previously on here, the long wait and little update provided has zapped most the joy and excitement out of the process, made worse that the lack of options on these cars available now!
13 months isn’t too bad, I ordered my 45 tsfie August 2021!!
Build week was last week so hoping doesn’t take too long, dealer said beginning of July so would make it 23 months.
Makes it worse seeing the same model in a car park today

Now that’s a quote I thought I’d never see, someone cancel an edition 1 to reorder a black edition. For me the matrix headlights, cockpit + are all the extra bits I wanted when I brought my previous s-line.
I know it may seem strange to cancel edition1 for a Black edition, but the only difference between the ed1 and Black ed I’ve ordered is cockpit+ and seat material, I’ve got the tech pro pack so still got Matrix headlights, but have gained 360 camera pan roof smart key and phone box which are things that could not be added to edition 1. That’s hoping none of them will be missing!

how long after preparation email do you tend to get a build date?
I think it depends on how quickly the dealership puts the order in, I had my first build date within about 4 days of putting in order.

Reactions: Deansx
Currently at 21mths waiting for a 45tfsi e. Last estimate was this August. Not had a further update since Feb. Would have cancelled, but company car that won't allow me to cancel.

Reactions: Jak_11 and vatdim
Small update from my dealer. The S3 saloon I ordered end of March 2023 is reportedly scheduled to be built end of June, hopefully to arrive to my dealer before mid-July. Initial projections were late October delivery, then late September delivery, but during the last month another 2 months worth of waiting seem to have been shaved off. Hopefully everything will turn out well in the end!

First update… ordered S3 Vorsprung early August 22… Build week 11 eventually confirmed… arrived at UK port on 9th May… just awaiting the collection call from my dealer now… and still we wait!

Reactions: Bluebell4322
Finally received confirmation that my 45 Comp is built and at status 38, which i think is port of exit. However they cant give me a delivery time due to the delays at the port. What are the chances of getting in in June?

Reactions: Jak_11 and Bluebell4322
Had the call that I (and many more of us have wanted)... My new ride is due with them on Tuesday, with collection due Thursday or Friday, this coming week.
You watch it'll be the slowest week ever at work.

Finally received confirmation that my 45 Comp is built and at status 38, which i think is port of exit. However they cant give me a delivery time due to the delays at the port. What are the chances of getting in in June?
I was at stage 38 on about 24th April... Then had confirmation it was at the UK port on 9th May... So June delivery is def possible for you... Fingers crossed! It appears to be in the lap of the gods though.

I was at stage 38 on about 24th April... Then had confirmation it was at the UK port on 9th May... So June delivery is def possible for you... Fingers crossed! It appears to be in the lap of the gods though.
Waited over a year for mine, well worth the wait though!!

Reactions: J4mieB
Hi all, I placed an order for a S3 black edition tech pack pro on the 2nd of May, just had an email from the dealer confirming the build date w/c 19th June, fingers crossed for a September delivery!

Reactions: J4mieB
Ended up picking mine up on Tuesday... So a few days earlier than planned.
Pics in the pics section if it will let me.

Reactions: Ben Kennett
Signed up for A3 saloon black edition 35tfsi with tech pack 19th May and garage mentioned delivery around 16 weeks so mentioned September but I have looked around and some various dates eg 27 weeks on one site. Is my garage telling me porkies lol

Last edited:
Hi all, I placed an order for a S3 black edition tech pack pro on the 2nd of May, just had an email from the dealer confirming the build date w/c 19th June, fingers crossed for a September delivery!
Is it down to only 4 months wait now then? I kind of need to know how long as I’m planning on saving the deposit for the pcp while I’m waiting. I’m guessing it would be no sooner than 4 months in any case?

hi guys i placed an order for my A3 around a month ago, i know i have a lot of time to wait but does anyone know how long?

Is it down to only 4 months wait now then? I kind of need to know how long as I’m planning on saving the deposit for the pcp while I’m waiting. I’m guessing it would be no sooner than 4 months in any case?
Difficult to arrive at a general estimate, but the most recent status reports claim that the wait time is considerably shorter than it used to be 6-12 months ago. This has come as a bit of a surprise even to my own dealer.

hi guys i placed an order for my A3 around a month ago, i know i have a lot of time to wait but does anyone know how long?
You might be surprised how quickly it arrives - my Dad ordered an S3 at the start of April and it’s arriving next week.

• Wow
Reactions: discosteve and Tommm
You might be surprised how quickly it arrives - my Dad ordered an S3 at the start of April and it’s arriving next week.
Very lucky i ordered mine the 3rd week of April but i called the dealership and they said my build dates around end of July and i'd be in my car end of August. I'm hoping its earlier

I think it’s dependant on whether the dealership has any planned allocation of the model you would like. In my case they had allocation for 2 S3 sportbacks so I guess I took one of those. If purchasing through PCP I would recommend putting down a minimal deposit, due to the current interest rates it’s unlikely that you will ever be in negative equity until the end of the term. Gone are the days that you could drive one for a year or two then sell it and get your deposit back.

Was that a factory fresh order to his spec, or did he take over an existing order? I jumped on a built car that was still in Germany and it took 5 weeks from arriving at Emden docks to leaving and getting on a ship to Grimsby, then arriving at the dealership.

9/10 weeks from fresh order placed to delivery seems incredibly short. 12-16 weeks from start to finish with absolutely no part shortages delays seems more like normality.

I placed an order for my car on the 9th May, been told build date is currently for September because of the model year change so not the 3 months I was quoted

Been informed my car is now in the UK and should be delivered within a week. My 22 month wait is nearly at its end. I think i might have to order its replacement soon as my lease is 3 yrs :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:.

Reactions: vatdim, J4mieB, JJINANAUDI and 1 other person
Was that a factory fresh order to his spec, or did he take over an existing order? I jumped on a built car that was still in Germany and it took 5 weeks from arriving at Emden docks to leaving and getting on a ship to Grimsby, then arriving at the dealership.

9/10 weeks from fresh order placed to delivery seems incredibly short. 12-16 weeks from start to finish with absolutely no part shortages delays seems more like normality.
I checked with him - dealer had build slots for cars they were ordering as stock so he got one of those, luckily matched what he wanted spec wise.

Im hoping to find out the situation with mine tomorrow. Managed to get an S3 black edition order in the first week of April with estimated build end of June (due to dealer changing existing order). Somehow that got pulled forward and was complete by 15th May!

Unfortunately it has now slowed down, and has been sat at Emden since 19th May. No idea how people wait years, I'm impatient now and it's 3 weeks!

Im hoping to find out the situation with mine tomorrow. Managed to get an S3 black edition order in the first week of April with estimated build end of June (due to dealer changing existing order). Somehow that got pulled forward and was complete by 15th May!

Unfortunately it has now slowed down, and has been sat at Emden since 19th May. No idea how people wait years, I'm impatient now and it's 3 weeks!
If I order an s3 black edition and it still comes with bits missing .i.e the Audi beam etc, can I reject the car? I’m sure the black edition will come with it all now as it’s all specifically specced as per the black edition

If I order an s3 black edition and it still comes with bits missing .i.e the Audi beam etc, can I reject the car? I’m sure the black edition will come with it all now as it’s all specifically specced as per the black edition
I'm not sure on if you can reject it but I'd say it's worth building one on the Audi builder and compare what now comes as basic. There's a lot of stuff that used to be add-ons that are now part of the basic black edition package.