Dark side

BrummieLad

Reaction score
Been quite a while since I’ve been on here, due to being busy with work and life in general, but good to see this boards is still full of life and helpful as always. I’ve however moved over to the dark side over the weekend, to a BMW 330d.

I fancied something bigger and a bit more comfortable than the 8V, and this seemed to tick all the boxes in terms of power, comfort and economy. Well not the most economical being a 3.0 engine but given the car, cannot honestly complaint. The 8V is a lovely car, but just became unbearable on shopping trips, as there just isn’t enough space to fit anything.

It has almost every option on it, which makes it more appealing come resale time. Here is a glimpse.

Being a Audi maniac, I’ll be sticking around as no doubt I’ll be back in the near future.

Attachments

• BE2C298F-FF59-4094-926A-C1C68E11B6E9.jpeg
    BE2C298F-FF59-4094-926A-C1C68E11B6E9.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 144
  • E7A61501-0BB2-4491-AF49-B82F321F962F.jpeg
    E7A61501-0BB2-4491-AF49-B82F321F962F.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 139
  • 6BFACBFE-D4EA-4972-AD4B-DB17EE59F885.jpeg
    6BFACBFE-D4EA-4972-AD4B-DB17EE59F885.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: Jcbmally, Pinky1959, BarryG79 and 8 others
Looks nice mate, I like the shape of the new 3 series.

Reactions: Jcbmally, BrummieLad and pburv
Great looking car mate. Suits the colour:thumbs up:

Reactions: Jcbmally and BrummieLad
Thanks guys, Yeh the new 3 series is cracker. Even the interior is well designed mm throughout with real leather, not your usual cheapy alternatives. It’s a whole different world to the 8V.

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Been quite a while since I’ve been on here, due to being busy with work and life in general, but good to see this boards is still full of life and helpful as always. I’ve however moved over to the dark side over the weekend, to a BMW 330d.

I fancied something bigger and a bit more comfortable than the 8V, and this seemed to tick all the boxes in terms of power, comfort and economy. Well not the most economical being a 3.0 engine but given the car, cannot honestly complaint. The 8V is a lovely car, but just became unbearable on shopping trips, as there just isn’t enough space to fit anything.

It has almost every option on it, which makes it more appealing come resale time. Here is a glimpse.

Being a Audi maniac, I’ll be sticking around as no doubt I’ll be back in the near future.
Very nice, go like stink, a bit surprised you didn’t go for the touring for the extra space but the bigger discounts/offers are usually on the saloons. Be good to hear a review in the future buddy.

Reactions: BrummieLad and pburv
I had a 2019 330i as a hire car for a month. Great machine.
felt faster than 270 bhp (ish), sounded great in sports mode, gearbox was fantastic (ZF i think), interior was a really nice place to be.
Only think that I was disappointed with was the stereo. Didnt hold a candle to the B&O in the A3

It drank a bit more than my 1.4 as well

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and BrummieLad
Very nice, go like stink, a bit surprised you didn’t go for the touring for the extra space but the bigger discounts/offers are usually on the saloons. Be good to hear a review in the future buddy.

Thanks pal. I don't really need the space of a touring, this was big enough. It is alot bigger than older F30 3 series, similar size to the previous 5 series. It certainly does go like a bullet, and the 6 pot has a fantastic roar to it, that certainly a smile on my face. I will do a review at some point for sure, just need thd lock down to ease to do some real driving.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
I had a 2019 330i as a hire car for a month. Great machine.
felt faster than 270 bhp (ish), sounded great in sports mode, gearbox was fantastic (ZF i think), interior was a really nice place to be.
Only think that I was disappointed with was the stereo. Didnt hold a candle to the B&O in the A3

It drank a bit more than my 1.4 as well

Depends on whether or not the car had Tech pack, which has the Harmon Kardon system. I have it in mine and it's superb.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
Depends on whether or not the car had Tech pack, which has the Harmon Kardon system. I have it in mine and it's superb.

Sadly it didn’t. I would have liked to have tried it though. Still hankering after one but a bit out my price range at the moment and it wasn’t economical enough for work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk