• Break

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Nick_s321

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’ve had my s3 for 14 years and it’s been off the road for 4 of those so I’m not really up on the state of the market and demand for these cars.

my plan was to tidy up paint, replace clutch and replace servo/master cylinder before selling on, but kids came along and all I’ve done is replace the clutch and flywheel.

it’s a 225bhp BAM car, Nogaro blue, blue, cream recaro full leather.silver mirrors, 18” wheels in need of refurb. No mods.107k miles

it feels too good to scrap and I’ve not got much time to fix her up. And the servo issue seems to have me stumped in terms of replacements not being available anywhere?!

is there a market for selling the car as is or with a few cosmetic issues fixed first or should I break/scrap :-(

many thanks for your thoughts in advance
Nick

Image attached

Attachments

• 9572A298-A387-4939-B2DB-C9AA337C09DF.jpeg
    9572A298-A387-4939-B2DB-C9AA337C09DF.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: MPH
I wouldn’t scrap or break it, there are loads of parts available at the moment for our S3’s. Personally I’d be inclined to see how much it would cost to fix it and then sell it complete. Your car working, etc would be worth around £4000-5000.

In its current state maybe between £2500-£3500

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nick_s321 and Tj 0785
You can’t break a Noggy! :wtf:

Genuinely though, as much as I love a good noggy, that does seem a bit of a waste. I’d try it on eBay for bidding and see what you get. I reckon you’ll get £2.5k-£3k. If the vehicle isn’t driveable at the moment, I’d try to get it so it does as you’ll likely reach higher than £3k.

I’ve heard about these servos going and it seems a used part might be the only way forward. Is it the same as other VAG group cars like TT or Golf? Or can you get a new servo unit from Audi Tradition? If your car was on Wheeler Dealers Mike would find some chap in a shed from the Midlands who would be able to repair it. Does anyone know if the servos can be repaired/refurbished?

Or just sell as is for bidding if you don’t have the time. I think even as it is you’ll be surprised - it won’t be as cheap as you think. Noggies and imola are much sought after these days.

If you were to break it, would you do it yourself? There’s a Facebook group for the 8L S3 and there are loads of vultures hovering in it.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick_s321
Definitely don’t scrap it put it on eBay or try Chris McDermott/ s3 breaker on Facebook is worth a shout

Definitely worth investing a bit of time getting it running, that's a good mileage for its age, it's a desirable colour and standard, all things buyers are wanting now.

There are so many TT's being broken, you'll find a servo from one of them in no time.

Wow it looks clean. Do not break that car !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car. Is to good to scrap, as above, try selling it as it is or fix it and sell it. Put an ad up in our classifieds and see if you get any takers Nick.

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for the info. It does have quite a few cosmetic issues and has been sat around for a few years so definitely wouldn't describe it as "clean"! however i agree it probably is too good to scrap, and after owning it for so many years, a little attached to the thing!

The Servo is / could be the main stumbling block though, a wheeler dealer man in a shed would be the dream fix :) but the other issue is getting it out of the car, it looks like a mission!! ive had quite a detailed look round the internet and come up empty. 2nd hand is an option, but impossible to know if your getting a good one...

I have contacted Chris on Facebook and he's offered fair money but id rather it went to a good home and someone got it back on the road, so if there is a market for that, then that will be my first approach i think. Will give it a clean and see what small bits i can tidy up and put it up on the classifieds.

Thanks all
Nick

Reactions: Tj 0785, S3AMJ, Sandra and 2 others