Engine bay cleaning

michael A

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
so I'm wanting to tidy up my engine bay abit with a clean. Never really done much engine bay cleaning before but wondered if anyone had any tips. I'm thinking if using either brake cleaner or a purpose engine bay cleaner. Just going to spray everywhere and then use a rag to clean off. I here people use low pressure hoses but I'm super paranoid about water in the engine bay and best results I've seen from looking was brake cleaner, seems safest option too. But wanted to reach out to you guys see if anyone has any tips as I'm sure we have some OCD engine heads here

Don;t use brake clean or runner hoses mate. All purpose cleaner/degreaser is a spray bottle and a selection of tyre brushes and old rags will get the job done. Cool engine... Rinse with a hose, and dry with cloths where you can reach. If you have a leaf blower it makes a great job of getting the water out of the nooks and crannies. You won't do any harm, and everything is waterproof under there. Dress the hoses and black plastic with 303 protectant and it'll look brand new.

Post before and after pics!

Reactions: michael A
Here’s a good video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3 S. and ArrEssDrei