When Showrooms Reopen...

Will do, new car is home and will be taking some pictures tomorrow in Sainsbury's car park. The ride felt more harsh on my first drive than the test drive, no wonder as, what seems to be normal with PDI's these days, the pressures are set too high so will adjust them. It has some grunt though :icon thumright:
Oh after a detailed look the only mark I found was some very light etching caused by bird poo on the rear bumper. Promptly insisted they polished it out, which they did...

Reactions: NevMan
Here you go....
20210529 111115
20210529 111127
20210529 111139
20210529 111202
20210529 111219
20210529 111255
20210529 111324
20210529 111332
20210529 111341

Attachments

• 20210529_111229.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Mkay315 and 1 other person
Congrats on the new car …..

…..at least you won’t be able to see the front or rear of it when you are driving ;)

Reactions: cuke2u
LOL, no different to the A4 then when you're only 5' 8" and a bit :icon thumright:

Reactions: SiPie
Nice mate, I like the 2 series. Love the alloys.

Thank you, I know it's not a Bimmer that meets the approval of self appointed BMW purists. Though there is a market for a sport compact saloon as Audi and Mercedes have demonstrated...

Its a good looking motor, congrats :) They have really improved the interiors of modern BMW's.

My lease is up in Feb 2022 and i ordered a new Skoda Octavia vRS estate this month to replace it. I've not been a huge fan of my A4 for some reason, and i needed an estate for the dog crate so seems like a good replacement. 6 months wait at least for a factory order which is a long time, but should work out perfectly if its not delayed!

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Thank you, I know it's not a Bimmer that meets the approval of self appointed BMW purists. Though there is a market for a sport compact saloon as Audi and Mercedes have demonstrated...
Actually I wasn't too sure about it when I first saw it but it has grown on me as has the 4 series (in the right colour) I prefer the design now compared to the blingy fat audi's currently appearing and the interiors are better than current audis too.

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Actually I wasn't too sure about it when I first saw it but it has grown on me as has the 4 series (in the right colour) I prefer the design now compared to the blingy fat audi's currently appearing and the interiors are better than current audis too.
I find the shape just as attractive as my 2013 A3 Saloon was, if not more as there are more 'interesting' colours than Audi offerings were then. Certainly I can agree on the Q2, Q3 & A3 interiors and, in making my choice, I decided I couldn't live with them. The 2GC is almost up there with the A4 in terms of the materials used but thrashes it with the technology mostly because you aren't forced to only use the touchscreen..

Reactions: NevMan and Simon1972
I find the shape just as attractive as my 2013 A3 Saloon was, if not more as there are more 'interesting' colours than Audi offerings were then. Certainly I can agree on the Q2, Q3 & A3 interiors and, in making my choice, I decided I couldn't live with them. The 2GC is almost up there with the A4 in terms of the materials used but thrashes it with the technology mostly because you aren't forced to only use the touchscreen..
Yup, huge mistake by Audi in removing the MMI dial, put me off a new one

Reactions: NevMan, Simon1972 and cuke2u
Quite impressed I got 35-42mpg on a trip to Beachy Head and back today..

Great looking car - and love the colour. I had a couple of 3 series before the A4 – they were not performance oriented versions by any means (an E90 and F30 320d Efficient Dynamics) but I do recall a far more engaging drive than my current A4. I also remember the ride being so so much better on the 16" wheels!

How are you finding the 8AT compared to the Audi DSG box?

Thanks, the automatic gearbox is a 8-speed Aisin version, not the 8hp as fitted to the inline engine models. It's very quick at changing and there doesn't appear to be any lag when pulling away from stop.

Thanks, the automatic gearbox is a 8-speed Aisin version, not the 8hp as fitted to the inline engine models. It's very quick at changing and there doesn't appear to be any lag when pulling away from stop.

Very nice motor, love the seats and colour! Not sure about the rear on this model but I'm sure its a grower.
So is the gearbox still a dual clutch or torque converter? Or some kind of combination?

Thank you, it is an automatic gearbox, not dsg, fwd and with a limited slip diff. Yes the rear isn't the most attractive view, but neither is mine ;-) I guess that's the way it is designed so as to have a larger boot than the A3 saloon. Good job the interior more than makes up for it...