Inspection service due but not an oil change

JamesRyder

Reaction score
Hi. I've read a few posts on the subject, but these Audi servicing plans still confuse me. My car is saying that I need an inspection service now, but an oil change is required in 63 days. Just for reference, my last oil change service was 1st June 2020. Can I wait until the oil change is required to get the car serviced, or will this affect my service history? I'm planning to sell my A4 soon and upgrade to an S5, so I want to make sure my service booklet is up-to-date. Thanks for any advice.

Just to add to this, I had the spark plugs changed two years ago, at the last inspection service. It's only done 14K since then, so I presume I'll just need to get the filters changed. I'm hoping I can just get this done in June, when the car states that the oil needs changing, and without screwing up my service record.

You can service it whenever you like & change what you like, dont need to follow the line.

Just get the service indicators reset when doing.

Reactions: JamesRyder
You can service it whenever you like & change what you like, dont need to follow the line.

Just get the service indicators reset when doing.
OK great, thanks for replying. I think the inspection and oil change services are just out of sync right now, as I couldn't get the oil change done in time last year due to COVID restrictions. I guess I'll just wait until June, when it's been a year since the last oil change, and ask them to reset both indicators. Thanks again for your help.

Good solution as long as the oil is changed annually your service history should not affect value

Reactions: JamesRyder
The only caveat is if its still in warranty. If so stick to the annual dates.