Central Locking Not Working + Strange Noise from the boot area

Ian W

Reaction score
Came out to my car at lunch, pressed the keyfob and the lights flashed but the doors didn't unlock, had to use the key in the door to open it up.

When I try and lock / unlock from inside the car using the fob I can hear a rumbling noise from the back - likely to be the pump?

Best course of action? Replace the pump? Is it just a case of unplug and replace?

Thanks.

Came out to my car at lunch, pressed the keyfob and the lights flashed but the doors didn't unlock, had to use the key in the door to open it up.

When I try and lock / unlock from inside the car using the fob I can hear a rumbling noise from the back - likely to be the pump?

Best course of action? Replace the pump? Is it just a case of unplug and replace?

Thanks.
Good afternoon Ian is the case of replacing the internal pump mechanism it's quite simple to do do I can send you a PDF should you require you can also use parts from other pumps as they are compatible with a small mod as I've done this on mine and replaced it with a hella one give it a quick scan on the vcds and let me know the results all the best Mark

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network

Reactions: Ian W
Just to update this, all sorted now. Bought a MK3 Golf central locking pump off eBay and used the motor in mine.

Low cost and quick to do, perfect :)