Ride comfort on S-line / Black edition 20's

Nham68

Reaction score
Hi There, I'm thinking about dipping back into the A6 world. I have an S5 with adaptive air suspension right now. My dog will soon be too big (I had an S4 and for some stupid reason, swapped to S5).
Does anyone have an A6 avant running standard suspension (or lowered 20mm) on 20 inch rims ?
I won't be getting adaptive/air with the A6 as it only now appears on vorsprung models, and there are none about (and I don't want to wait 6 months for new car).
In particular, interested to hear about general ride quality on the glorious pot-holed roads of the UK.
Thanks in advance .
Any other major 'must have' options that I need to look for ? thanks

Hi There, I'm thinking about dipping back into the A6 world. I have an S5 with adaptive air suspension right now. My dog will soon be too big (I had an S4 and for some stupid reason, swapped to S5).
Does anyone have an A6 avant running standard suspension (or lowered 20mm) on 20 inch rims ?
I won't be getting adaptive/air with the A6 as it only now appears on vorsprung models, and there are none about (and I don't want to wait 6 months for new car).
In particular, interested to hear about general ride quality on the glorious pot-holed roads of the UK.
Thanks in advance .
Any other major 'must have' options that I need to look for ? thanks

I have a C8 UK spec S-line standard sport suspension with 19inch rims. It’s so much more better setup comparing to previous C7 model. While stiff enough to get a sport feel and grip while allowing for a decent level of comfort.
Going for 20/20+ rims will obviously lower profile of your tires impacting ride comfort so I would either stick to 19 wheels and standard suspension or else think about adaptive one.
I know that in the past there was an option to order S-Line with normal (not sport) suspension. But I guess this would also mean waiting time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have factory fitted 20" wheels (255/40/R20 tyres) on my A6 Avant Black Edition. TBH ride comfort and noise isn't too bad d/t 2 things:
1) Tyre brand - i'm using Vredestein Ultrac Vorti's and they're one of the quietest tyres you can buy in the 20" size. They're also very comfortable, certainly more than the factory supplied Pirelli's and even more than the Michelin PS4S i tried last year
2 Tyre pressure - keep it at the recommended minimum (as shown in the manual) for the most comfy ride.

I have a C8 saloon, 2021 Black Edition on stock 20" wheels and its absolutely fine, in fact I've not noticed any difference between these or the 19" I had on my 2019 C8 avant. Both are on the lowered suspension for s-line / black edition.

Reactions: pp2414