A3 8V few questions

Au3

Reaction score
Hi Audi people!

I bought a 2014 model year A3 car a week ago.

1) The MMI display has now once failed to rise. (After the night.) <-- Is that 3-button reset safe?
- Does it discard any self-made encodings from the device? (example changes start screen logo, possible sound system coding)

2) The sound quality sometimes deteriorates significantly. The speakers ring poorly especially from behind???
- The car has a standard basic package. < -- Is there a picture or information of what it contains?

3) Is it possible to adjust the bluetooth volume in the car?
- For example for Volkswagen cars with bluetooth efficiency, can you choose quiet, medium or loud?
--> I think I saw the same in the audi, but I certainly don’t see it anymore. Have I had a dream?

I apologize for the bad English. Thanks for the ideas. :)

If you bought the car a week ago. Was it with warranty..if so take it back to where you bought it and they ahod fix it and and any other issues with the sound .the sound maybe blown speaker you should have got the manuals with the car which shows how to adjust various equipment that would be my place to go to. Then start asking questions.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If you bought the car a week ago. Was it with warranty..if so take it back to where you bought it and they ahod fix it and and any other issues with the sound .the sound maybe blown speaker you should have got the manuals with the car which shows how to adjust various equipment that would be my place to go to. Then start asking questions.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the answer.
There is no warranty on the car. It's a 7 year old car. :)

This car MMI manual explains how to restart the player. <-- So I asked, can the features of the player be lost? If the previous owner has activated them themselves.

I got the MMI player to work on reboot but I don't think everything is the same? (Menus, setting options.)

(The sound quality also deteriorated after the restart.)

Rebooting the MMI with the three key combo won’t erase settings. However, selecting ‘factory settings’ in the MMI would erase settings (depending on whether you reset one area or all)

Rebooting the MMI with the three key combo won’t erase settings. However, selecting ‘factory settings’ in the MMI would erase settings (depending on whether you reset one area or all)
Thanks info. :)

I was just wondering if the radio could have been coded better by the previous owner?

(More of sound-influencing choice options?)

When I did that factory reset, could they have been lost?

For example, I think the sound settings had a "focus" point before resetting. Now it is no more.

Fortunately, the screen is no longer stuck inside the dashboard. :/

Hmm. I'm sad.

Attachments

• aud1.jpg
    aud1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 93
The focus option should be a drop down menu - select it and click the large jog wheel, and you should also be able to move the balance and fader controls

Kohdistusvaihtoehdon tulisi olla pudotusvalikko - valitse se ja napsauta suurta jog-pyörää, ja sinun pitäisi myös pystyä siirtämään tasapaino- ja fader-ohjaimia

Balance and fade options can be found, but there is not found a focus setting.

But if the software is not standard, will the advanced features be lost by restoring the default settings?

Shouldn't the firmware then be updated so much to change?

Good that the balance and fader controls work.

What led to your conclusion that the software is non-standard?

Could you post the version number (probably 4 digit number) of your software and the firmware type (long set of letters and numbers which probably begins MSTD_EU.... or MHIG_EU......)

The latest version is not always the best. It doesn’t look as though you have the Audi Sound System but as an example, later versions of the software clipped the volume due to the subwoofer.

Do take a look at this thread as it may give you further info:

possibly misunderstanding what you want to do but my 15 has not got the 'focus' drop down but still has the adjustments within the mmi menu for all of the things you need to personalise the sound system.

Good that the balance and fader controls work.

What led to your conclusion that the software is non-standard?

Could you post the version number (probably 4 digit number) of your software and the firmware type (long set of letters and numbers which probably begins MSTD_EU.... or MHIG_EU......)

The latest version is not always the best. It doesn’t look as though you have the Audi Sound System but as an example, later versions of the software clipped the volume due to the subwoofer.

Do take a look at this thread as it may give you further info:

Thank you for your comprehensive message.

I doubt it because the number of settings decreased after resetting the settings.

Is it possible in Audi to adjust the bluetooth volume as shown? I think I've seen. (Phone / bluetooth setting area?)

Is there a danger that I went to the engineering menu? I came up with no other way to get away than MMI rebooting with a 3 key combination.

I didn’t do anything there, but I looked at different menus.

But... The sound quality varies strangely.

My hardware version is: MSTD_EU_AU_P2440
And.. Bluetooth SW versio is: 3775

If I want to update the MMI, do I have to go to the official Audi service's?

Attachments

• example_vw1.png
    example_vw1.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 82