B7 S4 Cab steering wheel fit a B7 estate?

tomg

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here so go easy! Also, my first A4 coming from MK1 golfs and MK2 Jettas to Audi, so looking to put my stamp on the car!

I did have a quick scout about for posts but couldn't find anything related to this. Could be a stupid question, but I wondered if the A4 B7 S Line Cab steering wheel would fit my A4 B7 SE S Line estate? I would've thought so, but I know how things can differ between models/airbags etc...

As many people do I want to put an S Line wheel from eBay in as mine didn't come with the badged wheel.
Thanks,
Tom

Pic of both wheels, should fit if using complete wheel & airbag, may still fit with your airbag but the airbag underside has 2 fixing types, so ideally complete wheel better, unless you can show underside of each airbag or inside of the wheels as this also denotes airbag style fitted.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and tomg
Pic of both wheels, should fit if using complete wheel & airbag, may still fit with your airbag but the airbag underside has 2 fixing types, so ideally complete wheel better, unless you can show underside of each airbag or inside of the wheels as this also denotes airbag style fitted.
Ahh nice one, appreciate the response! I will have to get at my wheel/airbag to photo, but the one on ebay is just the wheel, so maybe it's best to keep an eye out for a complete wheel.
I'll get a photo of mine as soon as I can, thanks again!

Airbag has to be unbolted & removes to see underside & inside of wheel, dont disconnect or you'll get airbag light on the dash.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Ahaa legend, thanks for that. Will see how I go then!

Before you start make sure your car is parked straight with your wheels,than turn your steering wheel 45 degree than take the negative pole from your battery connection out. Take out the two bolt on the back of the steering wheel. You can take out the airbag now be careful when unpluging the connector for the airbag. Now you take out the middel bolt. Before you do that mark the bolt and mark your new steering wheel. You want to have the new steering wheel straight when putting it back. The most b6, b7 and some b8 steering wheel fitment are the same the problem is the airbag fitment if I'm right you deff have two diff fitments and with b8 three and also do you have audio control yes or not. When removed your steering wheel put everything back in reverse together. Hope this helps. Ow after you connected the negative pole back you get EPS light this will go away if you drive your car and when turning couple corners the street. Hope this will help.

Reactions: tomg
Before you start make sure your car is parked straight with your wheels,than turn your steering wheel 45 degree than take the negative pole from your battery connection out. Take out the two bolt on the back of the steering wheel. You can take out the airbag now be careful when unpluging the connector for the airbag. Now you take out the middel bolt. Before you do that mark the bolt and mark your new steering wheel. You want to have the new steering wheel straight when putting it back. The most b6, b7 and some b8 steering wheel fitment are the same the problem is the airbag fitment if I'm right you deff have two diff fitments and with b8 three and also do you have audio control yes or not. When removed your steering wheel put everything back in reverse together. Hope this helps. Ow after you connected the negative pole back you get EPS light this will go away if you drive your car and when turning couple corners the street. Hope this will help.
Nice one thanks very much Erhan, much appreciated! It's been a long time since I switch a wheel, so those pointers are very welcome! I could've easily got myself in a lot of bother! Will probably have a stab at this on the weekend so will report back! Thanks again both!

Reactions: Torsen4you
Nice one thanks very much Erhan, much appreciated! It's been a long time since I switch a wheel, so those pointers are very welcome! I could've easily got myself in a lot of bother! Will probably have a stab at this on the weekend so will report back! Thanks again both!
No problem buddy anytime and welcome to the site.

The answer is , very possibly if you are moving over a compete wheel / bag combo but don't take it for granted because its a b7 part it will automatically fit.
wheel/airbag combo should be fine but without pics of what you have at the moment and what you wish to fit its hard to say 100%.
Lots of vids on youtube which will probably your best route if this is your first B7 and first venture into the world of Mods to them.

The first rule with any B7 is don't assume anything .
just my input.

rob

The answer is , very possibly if you are moving over a compete wheel / bag combo but don't take it for granted because its a b7 part it will automatically fit.
wheel/airbag combo should be fine but without pics of what you have at the moment and what you wish to fit its hard to say 100%.
Lots of vids on youtube which will probably your best route if this is your first B7 and first venture into the world of Mods to them.

The first rule with any B7 is don't assume anything .
just my input.

rob
Much appreciated Rob. Yeah first time with a B7, so new territory for me! That was my concern, working with dubs knowing how parts can vary between variants, it stands to reason anything VAG would cause the same fun! Only thing for it whip it off and see what I've got. I'll have a scout on youtube and see what's what!

Thanks again!

In saying that, would any of you recommend an S3 steering wheel to buy instead that's a straight swap? I assumed the cab s3 would be a good fit.
I'm running an A4 B7 estate TFSI...just thinking as I haven't got one to put on yet! Ta

In saying that, would any of you recommend an S3 steering wheel to buy instead that's a straight swap? I assumed the cab s3 would be a good fit.
I'm running an A4 B7 estate TFSI...just thinking as I haven't got one to put on yet! Ta
Hi tomg,

You have b7 with 2.0 TFSI engine isnt mate? Can you and if you want to check for me what size of front disc you have. I placed a new topic with this question but nobody replys to it.

Will appreciate if you can check for me.

Thank you.

Yo.

Yeah course, I've got the 2l TFSI, I can try and take a look at that for you over the next few days.
Will reply back when I have!

Yo.

Yeah course, I've got the 2l TFSI, I can try and take a look at that for you over the next few days.
Will reply back when I have!
Cheers buddy. Just want to order new disc and pads for it but now sure with one to order. I know you have a 312 and 320 version but this badboys need to come under my b6 and i dont want to hassle with wrong parts. If you want to have the pic i have uploaded in my topic disc size audi a4 2.0 FSI. Thanks again buddy for checking.