MIB2 into pre-fl retrofit

castiello

Reaction score
Hello, I have been trying to get help with no success in retrofitting MIB2 into A6 C7 pre-fl.

I have a team of good guys that we can do softwares, CP, coding etc. but not wiring.

Is anybody able to help me please?

I need to retrofit MIB2 unit into car with MMI 3GP, rear view-camera, TV tuner and BOSE soundsystem.

We have all parts needed (MIB2 main unit, display, gateway, bose amp, USB ports, phone charger pad, instrument cluster, optic wirings) but how to make connectors adjustments and where? can anybody help please?

Kufatec can make custom harnesses, but not idea what they would charge.

I tryed to contact them, their reply was that they can not provide anything for this conversion... :(

in the end, i will have to try by my own. I just wanted some advices from someone, who could have been experiencing this as well.

Many people say that with bose, its so complicated retrofit since it seems like MIB2 unit has 4 speakers connected to it. 3GP has all the speakers straight from bose.

This is where you need to read up on erwin and not read incorrect information on social media or forums, as there is a lot of incorrect/confusing information out there.

There is no speaker connections to the MIB2 unit if the car has Bose speaker systems.

To be fair the 3GP to MIB2 retrofit on the C7 is not that bad as far as the wiring goes, you already have the quadlock connector fitted and as you already have Bose I would leave the 3GP Bose AMP to start with as you may find it just works, if not then swapping it out it no that hard. I fitted a MIB Bose AMP to a 3GP system I retrofitted to my old A6 C6 and it worked fine.

Best thing to do is to sit down with a drink and go through the pinouts on each module (3GP v MIB) and see what the wiring differences are there won't be that much. It's only 7€ to access erwin and you can save the information to PDF well worth the money.

Reactions: martinivw