Help with Audi AMI

Larryd

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Audi A3. I want to connect my mini iPhone with an AMI to Lightning cable to the AMI port in the armrest between the two seats. It doesn't even charge the phone when connected. I have tried three different cables and nothing works. When I look at the screen it always says AMI not connected. I also tried AMI to AUX, nothing. I pulled the MMI unit out to check all the connections and everything is secure. I also enabled the green screen with OBD 11 to see if there was a way to enable the port but it’s not there. There is no diagnosis tab as shown in many YouTube videos. I have no idea what is wrong. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 544DD3EC-28AE-4B8F-9D11-ED4F965F50EA.jpeg
    544DD3EC-28AE-4B8F-9D11-ED4F965F50EA.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 140
  • C08EA7A7-28C7-4183-AD7E-BD35A52AFAD3.jpeg
    C08EA7A7-28C7-4183-AD7E-BD35A52AFAD3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
IIRC the yellow collar cable is the best one to use for your MMI version.

Have you checked the AMI port in the arm rest for any bent pins as it’s easy to try to push the connector in the wrong way around.

Is your iPhone in a case? The AMI to Lightning connector is chunky and many phone cases are too thick for the lightning connector to make proper contact with the port on your phone.

Have you checked the AMI port in the arm rest for any bent pins as it’s easy to try to push the connector in the wrong way around.

Is your iPhone in a case? The AMI to Lightning connector is chunky and many phone cases are too thick for the lightning connector to make proper contact with the port on your phone.
I will check the AMI port in my car tomorrow. It is possible that there is a pin bent so I’ll have a look. I tried the cables in all possible ways. It just keeps saying not connected on the screen. How would I find the part number for the yellow collar cable?

The AMI connector only fits in one way.

4F0 051 510 AL

Do try it without your iPhone case / bumper.

Reactions: Larryd
I will check the AMI port in my car tomorrow. It is possible that there is a pin bent so I’ll have a look. I tried the cables in all possible ways. It just keeps saying not connected on the screen. How would I find the part number for the yellow collar cable?
But even without the iPhone connected, just with the AMI cable plugged in, it should still say connected on the screen. I will have a look at the pins. If that looks OK, I’ll just try the other cable. The three that I have tried are aftermarket cables from China.

The Pins on all the cables are fine. It must be the cable I’m using. I’ll have to try the one you suggested I guess.

I got it for my ipod classic thats why its wrong I only have android phone. Plus one for USB where you based

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There are 3 types of genuine AMI iPhone lightning connector:

White collar - rubbish (and USB only also has white collar so no idea why they chose the same colour).
Green collar - worked fine for me but wasn’t around long and superseded by yellow collar cable.

And of course genuine yellow collar cable. On my RHD car the AMI connected with the pigtail cable pointing left (if looking from back seats forwards).